New to Hog3 any programming tips

Hello

I have a Hog3 ipc and and had my first LIVE show yesterday but ran into some issues becaus of my programming, I,m really avolites minded so for this first show i pretty much went the same way.

this how i set up my faders.

fader1: intensity spot
fader2: intensity wash
fader3: colour chases (manually no effects)
fader4: colour effects
fader5: pan/tilt effects spot ipcb (no base value)
fader6: pan tilt effects wash ipcb (no base value)
fader7: led par effects
fader8: hazer
fader9: frontlights 1
fader10: frontlights 2

Now the issues I had.

(1)
I used several pages for the colour chases, colour effects, pan/tilt effects etc. And I made a copy of the intensity, frontlights, hazer on every page this took a while to copy and they became seperate cue,s which caused some release issues when i had my frontlights at 10% at one page and wanted to go to 60% at the next page is there a better way to do this?
(I know there are options for this, but they also release my colour chases and effects when i change the page)

(2)
I recorded all my positions, gobos, gobo rotation and prisma as scenes and played them back through the scene directory with 0 time. Becaus I found no way to use the palletes as a base without having to select my fixtures and the ability to press clear without losing my values. There must be a better way for this?

(3)
Whats the best way to controll my frontlights and fixtures like a Hazer? I was kind of embarrassed for having used a fader to controll my hazer and frontlights, and I didn,t have much screen left on my scene directory to make scenes for this to.

At last I would like to know how you program your Hog for live music? I feel I should be able to do much more with the effects engine and time controll of a Hog. How do you use your faders for live controll, and how do you controll your frontlights and fixtures with 1/3 paramaters without losing a fader?

Or is it perhaps better to learn to work with cuelists during live controll, by making complete lightning cue,s with colours, intensity and position. and then use the other faders for effects.

all tips are welcome

Sorry for my englisch, and thanks for the help.
Related