Problem with effects

PascalSkyPascalSky Registered User
Hi, i can't use effects because they're in dark grey on the screen. I've just merge a show with a DP8000 and update the console with 3.1.8 version... Is someone had the same problem ?
Thanks for your answers.
Pascal

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2011
    What fixtures do you have selected when you are trying to select effects? Can you build effects from the effects engine or are you only trying to select from the effects directory?

You can also send me your show file via http://www.wetransfer.com use my email address: brad.schiller (at) barco.com
  • PascalSkyPascalSky Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I select all sort of fixtures (VL2500, Studio color, Mac 250 Entour EX) and i can't select any effects because they are in dark grey and nothing happen. But i can build effects engine and it's works.
    I'm going to send you the show file.
    Thanks a lot for your help
    Pascal
    edited February 2011
    Hi Pascal,

I have received your show file and we will take a look..
    edited February 2011
    Hi Pascal,

I have looked at your show and I see that all your effects have no data. You can see this in the top right of each one there is a "....." which shows no data in the directory items. I suspect this occurred when you merged. We are looking further into how you can restore these pre-made effects...
    edited February 2011
    Hi Brad,

I agree with you on the fact that it occured when I merged back the show.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.

Pascal
    edited February 2011
    Hi Brad,

So, did you find a solution to restore these pre-made effects ?

Thanks,
    Pascal
    edited February 2011
    Hi Pascal,

If you create a new show and then merge in everything from your show (with append selected) then the effects directory will be recreated. You will need to re-patch your fixtures after the merge.

If you merge the other direction... merge a new show into your existing show. you will end up with duplicate fixtures, so it is not advised.
    edited February 2011
    Hi Brad,

Actually, i didn't merged any show, i remember that we have just cloned a dp8000 instead of DP2000. I think the problem comes from there.
    Effectively your solution works but we don't understand why the patch is not merged back too ?

Thanks,
    Pascal
    edited February 2011
    I've just a problem : i built an effect to test something and it's in dark grey too with "....E" so does that mean we can't recover our effects created ?
    edited February 2011
    In fact, i just try the show and i can't use any cuelist or launch any page. Nothing happen. Perhaps i don't know enough about the console or because i have just patched one fixture to try...
    edited February 2011
    Hi Pascal,

At this point it would be easier if you contact our support team directly at 800-890-8989 or support@flyingpig.com this way they can directly work with you to determine what is going on in real time.
    edited February 2011
    Ok, thank you so much for your help.

Pascal
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Hi pascal,
    If Leo had already trouble with the show he can send me the old and new one I will look at it.

sheers
    stéphane (Alabama TRIO)