trackspot 8 channel

skinnyskinny Registered User
edited October 2011 in HES Automated Lighting
why on earth do I have an 8 channel trackspot and every manuel says there is only 7?

Comments

• skinnyskinny Registered User
    edited February 2011
    and ch 1 does nothing
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Skinny,

What makes you think you have an 8 channel trackspot? Can you explain further please? Do you mean your desk has an 8 channel library? What console are you using? More information will help us help you.

thank you,
  • skinnyskinny Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I am using a softwear controller called my dmx, its like every thing is moved over a channel and ch1 1 is nothing

in the universe i am on dmx 1

note that these trackspots or older from the lightwave research days note it works this way with personality 3,5 and just 5

i just need to know why its behaving this way

havent hooked up all 14 of my trackspots yet but i will assume they all work this way
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Skinny,

Maybe when setting the address dipswitch you are getting confused. With all addressing dipswitches OFF, the fixture should use 7 DMX channels starting at 001. When you do this does the fixture line up correctly with your library. If not, then the problem is with your controller or its fixture library.
  • trackspotfantrackspotfan Registered User
    edited June 2011
    I have this same exact problem. I use a Martin Freekie. ch 1 does nothing. ch 2 and 3 do pan and tilt. ch 4 does color. 5 does gobo. 6 and 7 do shutter and intensity. I've nicknamed channel 8 as "wakey-wakey" because unless I fiddle with it first, the trackspots don't even respond.
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited October 2011
    Download the manual. It only has 7 chans. With HES all addresses down is 1, most others 1 up is 1. Been that way since dirt.
    http://www.highend.com/pub/products/automated_luminaires/Trackspot/manual/tsv41.pdf