Wholehog III Won't Upgrade to ver 3.1.8

Tried calling in, but apparently the offices are closed due to the weather.

Trying to update our Wholehog III from 3.1.7 to 3.1.8. I backed-up up all of our show files to CD-ROM as a precaution, then tried doing just the normal software update from the launch screen. Update went most of the way thought the progress bars, then I got a message that the part of the update failed and instructions to install from the current Hog III CD.

I exited out and went back to the launch screen. Re-downloaded the update and burned it on a different CD-ROM. Same result. I restarted the console but now it won't launch it just has the III logo splash screen and then goes to the shutdown screen after about 30 seconds.

So I downloaded the ISO file and burned that to CD with Deep Burner. Restart the machine and get into the boot screen. When I choose full install and confirm the CD spins for about 20-30 seconds but then it just goes back to the boot screen. I tried the software update option. Nothing.

Tried re-downloading the ISO and a different CD. Nothing. It just boots to the III background and then the shutdown screen. When I exit out of the boot screen sometimes it goes to the shutdown screen and sometimes it just hangs on the III background.

Console test and terminal don't seem to do anything. At this point I have our show files so we just need the console back up and working. The CD drive was replaced a while back and everything was working fine prior to the attempt to update.

Thanks for any help.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Related