external monitor cloned

jparksjparks Registered User
Is is possible to set up an external monitor that is an exact clone of my right tuochscreen on my Hog3?

I know I can throw palettes to it and save the view, but i would like to be able to clone it. This would allow me to run the signal over ethernet to backstage where i could shut down the system if i chose to. Again, I know i could have palettes backstage but I want the control functions as well.

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited February 2011
    Justin

This is not possible in the current released software.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2011
    What would be the chances of running a networked Desktop/Laptop PC backstage and logging into the system as a Client? That would give you full access to everything on the console.

J
  • chadlchadl Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Why can't you take a VGA DA and duplicate the monitor?
  • jparksjparks Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Thanks all for your replies. I have read the manual front to back and pretty much new it wasnt possible. My boss just wanted to be sure. I brought up the client PC idea before this and its just not in the budget. :D of course!
  • edited February 2011
    The client PC can be any laptop or desktop computer manufactured in about the last 10 years. Install Hog3PC, network it to the console, and you're set. I've seen plenty of computers that are more than powerful enough to run Hog3PC being thrown out. The cost should be next to zero.
  • chadlchadl Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I still think you could put the VGA going into the touch screen into a 2x1 DA box and get your clone.