Using midi timecode for a show - triggering random Lists

Diving into the realm of automation, just started doing research on my options, but I just want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction...

What I'm wanting to do is execute lighting cues from audio tracks using midi, and I can see that this is easily done for an individual cue list, but what I'm wondering is what happens when a new song starts.

In a simple example, the drummer from the band fires loop 1 that has MTC associated with it, I want List 1 to execute with that loop. The drummer fires loop 2 with MTC, then list 2 executes. This order can be reversed.

I guess my question is, I can see that cues can be triggered by MTC, but when a new track is started, will the MTC be "reset" in a sense? Maybe my question is, how do I create specific MIDI info for the specific audio tracks that can be fired in any order and executed as such. Basically automating a show fired by audio tracks that can be in any order...

Hope you guys can follow where I'm going with this, feel free to point me to some good reading if you know of some.
I'm planning on using a H3PC system for this.
Thanks!
Chris
Related