Desklamp port not working

So, my left desklamp port stopped working. Both desklights work on the right port. Has anyone dealt with this before? Is it something easy enough to fix that I can do it, or would it require tech support?
  • I assume this is on a HogIII console? Are both Blue and White out, or just White?

The 3-pin XLR connector has a cable soldered to it that runs down the side of the LCD housing, through the LCD housing hinge and into the front compartment (underneath the front panel where the hard drive and CD-ROM are). It plugs into a three-pin 2mm connector on the back of the front panel PCB, near where the "next page" button is.

The problem could be at either end. The XLR connector could be bad, or the soldered joint broken. It may have come unplugged from the front panel board too.

If you've not opened your console before, the Console Trainer instructions are pretty good.
    www.consoletrainer.com/hog3hdd.html

If you need to open the LCD housing, you remove the five hex-cap screws to remove the panel over the LCDs.

It's pretty straightforward as long as you're comfortable working inside electronic equipment.
  • Thank you Eric. Happy to report that a little tweaking and love of those connections did the trick. All is good now.
Related