DP8K Lock up - 3.1.7

jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
This has started happening more and more over the last few weeks.

Last weekend, the DP8K locked up during our event (the DP runs 24/7 but the console shuts down each night). The DP has a reset node as part of the startup macro and today I did a hard reboot of the DP before the event.

At noon (PST), I did the hard reboot of the system with the startup of the console. Tonight at 4:50pm, the DP locked up again and sent all fixtures to 0/0 (instead of 50/50). Only a single cue was being played (no other masters, lists or scenes running). This time, however, I was able to get a screen shot of the DP8K and hopefully it can deduce what happened.

Any ideas????

System:
Hog 3 Full Size
Hog 3 Expansion Wing
1 DP2K (on Artnet network...not Hog Network)
1 DP8K
1 Keyboard
1 Mouse

All other networking is separated into it's own system for artnet distribution.
[ATTACH]1976[/ATTACH]

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited December 2010
    Hey Jon,

Since your first report we have be testing our DP8Ks like mad with external VGA monitors hooked up to the DP8Ks (to watch node activity) on which we have put video cameras overnight trying to catch this reset issue which is in turn followed by a possible kernel panic if the art-net link has network traffic on it. So far, we've got lots of lovely video of the DP8K just running as normal overnight. I am determined to make this happen and get it recorded so our developers can start to debug.

Now, the fact that you are turning off the console each night is of interest and is now going to be added to the test scenario.

Is there a DHCP server on your art-net network or are the addresses set custom?
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2010
    I have had this issue also. I think you remember.
    http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=10677

They haven't been able to repro it and my problem is similar. I've been able to avoid it by power cycling DPs before every show.
    Also I'm running two DPs now. The other one is a clone but has different Art-Net IP. My Luminex nodes have the other DP as a backup source and switch to it if the other one fails.
    So far my shows have been running smoothly.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2010
    Btw, in my case console was on at daytime, shutdown during night. DP was always on.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2010
    Yes Chris, I have DHCP on the Artnet side spitting out 2.1.x.x addresses to nodes and DP8K.

Also, if it helps, the 2 externals are set as 1024x768 on output #1 and 800x600 on output #2.

On the Artnet side, I have 22 Pathport nodes and the DP8K. The pathport nodes all have assigned IP's. Netmask of 255.0.0.0.

Chris, do you think I should change the operating procedures to include shutting down the DP8K rack every night? It's not a problem other than retraining people to make sure they do it.
  • schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Hi Jon,

Any chance we can get your show file to load up here? It would help us determine if it's something wrong with the software in general, or something that has occurred in that particular show. It would also help a ton if we can just get the problem to recreate here, since we haven't been having much luck with our testing scenarios.

Our FTP has been having some issues, so for now if you could use www.wetransfer.com and send it to either my attention or Chris's attention, we'll hop on testing it.

Thanks,
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2010
    Chris/Matt:

File is uploading right now and you should see the notification shortly.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems with it.
  • schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Hi Jon,

Thanks for sending the file. We'll get it running here and see if we can help nail down the issue.