Cyberlight 2.0

DutchieDutchie Registered User
edited December 2010 in HES Automated Lighting
I'm currently on tour with 16 Cyberlight 2.0's for som odd reason their a bitch to strike. Some times all start at ones and sometimes it takes for hours.

Because it's a show with that emits a lot of moist I leave my rig on all the time.
Lamps doused

Anybody an idea why this happens?

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Power is the most likely culprit.
    What voltage are you running at? Generator power or venue service?
    I did a tour earlier this year with 18 Cyber 2.0 and didn't really have any issues.
    What firmware version are your units? v1.2.7 is the latest.

Hope this helps. :)
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2010
    What console are you using? What is your procedure for striking the lamps? Does it really take "hours" or is it just a couple of additional strike commands?
  • DutchieDutchie Registered User
    edited December 2010
    I'm using a Grandma not with the latest software but since it's a timecode show thats been running for more then a year I will not update the software in the desk.

For hours is a bit on the long side, but it sometimes take's more than
    10 lamp-on commands for resets hard and soft.

I always reset the entire rig before I strike all fixture's.
    Then I select all cybers from a pallet after that I give 'em a lamp-on. (So the scans are directly in the programmer)
    The programmer of the show build a special cue for it but thats even worse to use.
    It's always a couple of Cyberlights that won't strike but never the same.

I've already ruled out dmx connections and bad power.
    Power is always a mains (powerlock) from the venue and my rack's have a build in measuring/failure system, they won't switch on at bad power.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2010
    The Cyber 2.0s should strike upon power up if DMX is present.

If they have been given a "Shutdown" command and then given a "Reset"
    later the lamps should strike during the Homing process. You should not need to then give a "Lamp On" command after that unless the unit did not strike for some reason.

When striking so many units at the same time you may be causing a temporary voltage dip due to electrical in-rush. Especially since these fixtures draw considerably more power than your average moving light.

Try resetting the units in smaller groups or even individually rather than all at the same time to avoid this.

Hope this helps. :)