This is not actually a high end systems show but........

spreadthelightspreadthelight Registered User
edited December 2010 in Misc. Discussion
It's cool anyway. Here is some footage of The Mantras playing at the Neighborhood theater in Charlotte with me on the visuals. I hope it is to your liking.
I made this on my Light Jockey setup.
All the lights are mine and yes they are cheap ass fixtures. Not one of them cost more than $350.
I love this band by the way.
We have a lot of fun together.
Enjoy
Here is some footage of The Mantras playing at the Neighborhood theater in Charlotte with me on the visuals. I hope it's to your liking.
[url] :headbang::notworthy::trink26::Eyecrazy:[/url]

Comments

• tadawsontadawson Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Not much front light, and pretty much everything looks the same . . . didn't do too much for me . . . and since no "Eh?" category, I took the low road on my vote . . .

- Tim
  • spreadthelightspreadthelight Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Any feed back is good feed back.
    Yeah, I know it is a little dark. This song is supposed have a kind of silhouette effect out front.
    Also the angle is not really so great for the fstop on the video camera.(not my video)It ends throws the dark and light out of balance. Plus the cheap LED cans don't really translate well to camera.
    In the end the band wanted the rig low on them to silhouette them at this show. We do it differently at different venues.
    I don't understand the "it all looks the same" comment. Could you please explain that in more detail.
    edited December 2010
    "It all looks the same" . . . To my eye, the stuff in the background is, for the better part, doing the same moves, pans, and looks at almost every point in the two songs I saw on YouTube. And what is going on back there seems to have very little correlation to the music it is lighting . . . It may just be a taste/style thing - I try to have my looks closely coordinate to the music, and the pace of the changes, etc. follow the music, as well as the looks follow the mood of the piece, which, in your defense, isn't really that doable, since this is pretty much a jazz act . . .

If they wanted silo, you *definitely* got that!

- Tim
  • spreadthelightspreadthelight Registered User
    edited December 2010
    That is much more useful.
    Yeah, they like chaotic.
    I think the word they used was "warzone"

I don't really ever get a set list from these guy's so I kind of have to just wing it.
    I really do strive to follow the music, so your opinion matters to me.
    I will say that I used 6 different movements and 2 different positions across 3 sets of four moving lights.
    There is no dimming function on the scanners and spot movers(cheapo fixtures)
    So it kind of limits dynamic expression and I have limited functions from which to build unique cues. I do try though.
    I do have some real choreographed stuff for these guys but so far none of that has been posted.
    Have a good day.
    :headbang:
    edited December 2010
    In light of what you say they asked you for, I think you are more on track than my initial impression.

I do think that if your console supports it, more moves/looks/positions would definitely kick things up a notch or two . . .

- Tim