Urgent help needed to install WH software downloaded from MAC

ImpactSystemsImpactSystems Registered User
I downloaded the new WH software on my Mac, placed it on a thumb drive and now the Road Hog will not read the file. The file on the Mac reads (3.1.7.2826 ppc Bin-1) but the Hog will not even show the file on the drive. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    If it's urgent call support, the forums are not constantly monitored.

Did you download the file from this page:
    http://www.flyingpig.com/support/downloads/Hog3PC.shtml

It should be called:
    Hog3PC-Win32-golden_3-1-7-2826.msi

The Mac's Safari browser has been know to rename or modify files that you're downloading, but it's typically more a problem with the HogIII console's upgrades and not the 3pc files.
  • Abbe RPM Digital LightingAbbe RPM Digital Lighting Registered User
    edited November 2010
    The Mac usually do not use the same file end .XXX as the PC does. How to fix it without a PC i do not know.

Ask a PC person how to change the file end.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited November 2010
    I'm a Mac user and maybe can help...

What is the actual file name you download? Are you downloading Hog 3 software, Roadhog or Hog3pc.

Most of the time, the actual true file is in your downloads folder. Macs notoriously will try to "unzip" the Hog 3 stuff, but I've never had a problem using the .msi files for Roadhog.
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Bin-1 ? it looks like the file is already expanded in your folder, and this is the 2th copy

did you click the download link and re-open a window?

I normally left-click on the download-link while holding down the ALT-key, then the download should start directly without making a BIN-file