Group cues

de_mtsde_mts Registered User
Hi all,

I made a couple of cuelists with color chases. This like a cue with even fixtures red, odd fixtures blue and I a second cue with even fixtures blue and the odd red. This works fine with the "release on other go" function.

But now I made kind of the same cue list for shutters. First even fixtures open and odd fixtures closed and then even fixtures closed and odd open.

The problem now is that I want to release the color cuelist when an other color cuelist is activated and the same for the shutter cuelists. But when a color cuelist is active and I activate a shutter cuelist, the color cuelist must stay active.

So is it possible to group cuelists in example a group for colors and a group for shutters? Because when I disable the "release on other go" and I activate 2 colors cuelists all colors from the 2 cue lists are show.

Or must it be done in an other way?

Comments

• de_mtsde_mts Registered User
    edited November 2010
    No one?
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2010
    You can de-select RELEASE ON OTHER GO.

If a cue with only color parameters for fix 1-10 is played first, any other cuelist played with color parameter values for fix 1-10 will automatically cause the first cuelist to release.

If the second cuelist only has color parameters for fix 1-9, it will not cause the first to release as the first has color paramters values for fix 10 which is not included in the second cuelist.

If the situation is reversed and a cuelist with only values for color parameters for fix 1-9 is played first, then the cuelist with color parameter values for 1-10 is played, the first will release.

If you play with it, you will see what I mean. It is called Stomping. You can do the same with shutters or anything really.
    edited November 2010
    Ok thanks I'll play with it
    edited November 2010
    I tried what you said but its not working.

I made 2 cue lists:
    - cuelist 1: cue 1: first fixture blue, second ficture red
    cue 2: first fixture red, second ficture blue
    - cuelist 2: cue 1: first fixture yellow, second ficture green
    cue 2: first fixture green, second ficture yellow

There is not more programmed. To view the cues I select both fixtures @ full and then open the cuelists. The first cuelist doesn't releases when the second is active.

Edit: All the cues are set as follow so it keep repeating
  • ChrislimChrislim Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Hi

Have you try recording using IPCB for each cuelist
    - cuelist 1: cue 1: first fixture blue, second ficture red
    cue 2: first fixture red, second ficture blue
    * record using I (Intens) & C (Color)
    - cuelist 2: cue 1: first fixture Open Shutter, second fixture Close Shutter
    cue 2: first fixture Close Shutter, second fixture Open Shutter
    * record using I (Intens) & B (Beam)

After you create your cue when u press rec u will be able to
    choose which IPCB u want the cue to rec with

Give it a try

have fun lots of fun
    edited December 2010
    Just to learn and understand how stomping works, try making two cuelists with one cue each and with only one fixture each, make sure it is the same fixture. Use the same color method, RGB, CYM, Color Wheel or whatever in both cues. Whatever fixture / parameters have values in the first cuelist, the same fixtures / parameters need values in the second list in order to stomp the first one.
    edited December 2010
    I'm trying to get it work and I thinks what I'm doing wrong but don't know how te fix it.

I set cue 1 and cue 2 at follow and then the cuelist isn't working with stomping. When I change cue1 and remove the follow then it works but the cue isn't continuous running.

Can the be the problem?
    edited December 2010
    I am not clear on what you are trying to do. To learn the Stomping concept I would only use 1 cue per cuelist with the same fixtures in each cue.
    edited December 2010
    I did it with 1 cue in a cue list and that is working. So I wanted to try it a step further and made a cuelist with 2 cues, and set both cues to follow so they keep repeating. But then the stomping concept isn't working.
    edited December 2010
    I see the same thing here. I will ask the software guys to take a look and see what they think.
    edited December 2010
    Ah ok I thought that I was doing something wrong.

Is there an other way to become the effect that I want?

Already many thanks
    edited March 2011
    Any more news about this or a workaround?
  • snowmaniac153snowmaniac153 Registered User
    edited March 2011
    kinda off topic but dealing with cues. Is it possible to syntax fire multiple cues at once?? for Ex...
    some how be able to fire
    list one cute 3, list 5 cue 2, list 12 cue 4, GO..

Thanks
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Hi snowmaniac153,

You can do what you are asking for by using the macro field in the cuelist. Here you can define what cuelist and cue you wish to trigger. The user manual/on-line help has detailed information on the macro syntax.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2011
    kinda off topic but dealing with cues. Is it possible to syntax fire multiple cues at once?? for Ex...
    some how be able to fire
    list one cute 3, list 5 cue 2, list 12 cue 4, GO..

Thanks

Not so much from the command line, but you could do this with Comment Macro(s).

Hope this helps. :)