Pausing video clips

I'm wondering if there is a way to turn a video clip on Axon into a still image.
I've tried two different methods, but neither works. As far as I can tell, you can't bring the play speed to 0. The lowest it goes (on Hog 3) is 0.3. I also tried setting the in and out frame to the same number, but every once in a while, the still image jitters. Any suggestions?
  • Change the play state to PAUSE (instead of loop forward, play once...whatever) and it freezes.

What console are you on?
  • Another usefull setting of those are:
    Play Modes (Opacity)
    Using the Graphic fixture type, press the Mode button to view the play mode options. By default all modes trigger normally. You can select “Media Trigger Opacity” to change to the Play Modes that trigger when Opacity is greater than zero. To restore to normal triggering, select “Media Trigger Normal”.

It will save you some programming in any console :)
  • Hi Christopher,

You mentioned that you are on Hog 3. When you have a graphic layer selected, if you press the "Mode" button on the lower right-hand side of the right-hand touchscreen it will open a pop-up menu that shows all of the different play mode options. "Media Mode Pause" will freeze the movie, but not at a certain place, just whenever you press the button. If you want to bring up that same frame in the movie every time, I would recommend using "Media Mode Scrub In frame". This will pause the movie and show the In Frame. You can then dial the In Frame to the point in the movie that you want to see and record this into your cue. It will then come back to this point every time you play the movie.

Chapter 7 in the DL.3 manual has a pretty detailed description of how all of the play modes work as well and discussions on In Frame and Out Frame. Starting on page 68 is the information you would probably be interested in.

Hope this helps.