CMA/ Upgrade DL3 Software

Howdy. So the details.

4 DL3's 2 running current software, 2 running 1.5.x.
Trying to upgrade the two running earlier software.
Running MacCMA Beta.

The software update loads on the fixtures fine and they drop off CMA. I wait 3 hours, they still don't show up. I refresh, I restart CMA, still no fixtures. I hard reboot the fixtures, they show up again but running software 1.5.x. Done this twice now. Surely the software upgrade doesn't take more than 3 hours? Any thoughts?
  • Hi Brian,

Upgrades should take ~2 minutes or so. What it sounds like is that your DL.3s are failing in their upgrade somewhere. If they don't make it all the way through the process, they will stay on the build they are on so they are not rendered completely useless.

As a first step, I would suggest re-downloading the upgrade file you are trying to use. We have seen cases in the past where the upgrade file is somehow corrupted during the download/transfer, etc. Re-downloading the file from our website often fixes the issue.

If that doesn't help, another thing you can do is run the upgrade, wait for the menu to go black, then put the fixture into "maintenance mode". To do this, hold down menu buttons 2 and 5 (the two buttons just inside the outer two). This will force the iris open and give you zoom/focus control with the directional pad. With the iris open, you can see some more of the upgrade progress and any errors that might be coming up. If you see any errors, let us know and we can troubleshoot from there.

Hope this helps. You can always call our support department at 1.800.890.8989 and they can help troubleshoot over the phone.