"Set" Key issues - Hog2PC

On the laptop I use for H2PC, the NumLock key requires a "Fn" key to access, making it a 2-hand operation. I have been trying to use an external numeric keypad (with a NumLock key) and also tried to program a shortcut on my X-Keys stick, but neither method fires the Set key like the NumLock on my internal keyboard. The one thing I have noticed that is different is when I use the NumLock on the internal keyboard the NumLock light will blink, but the other methods leave the light on.

Does anyone have any ideas? What is H2PC looking for?

Dan Howden
  • [QUOTE=engrdan;50215]when I use the NumLock on the internal keyboard the NumLock light will blink, but the other methods leave the light on.

Does anyone have any ideas? What is H2PC looking for?

2PC doesn't need anything more than to be told when the numlock key goes down and when it comes back up. when 2PC sees the numlock key go down, it will send out a "fake" numlock keypress so that when you're done setting or fanning you'll be back in the numlock state from which you began.

watch closely when you're using one of your devices: you'll see it blink off very briefly, as one would expect when pressing numlock, and then come back on, thanks to 2PC. the blinking you see when using your keyboard is 2PC "maintaining state" each time your keyboard auto-repeats the numlock key.

it sounds like your devices are sending both the numlock-make and numlock-break scancodes at the same time, instead of sending the make when you press a key and then waiting for you to release it before sending the break.

there's nothing to be done about a generic number pad that behaves this way.

from what i gather, you should be able to get either a PS/2 or USB stick working as long as you're using separate press and release commands.
Related