Roadhog not finding DMX processor

pauldubpauldub Registered User
Hi All.

Im having a little problem with my Roadhog. Every time i start a new project a little yellow warning comes up in the bottom right corner and indicates that the dmx processor is not connected.

When digging in a little deeper it says that the DP8000 is offline and i cant seem to get it back online even after reseting the node.

The interesting thing is that if i open an old show file everything connect fine, so for the moment i have to use an old file, delete everything and then create the show in this file.

Hoping its an easy fix.

Cheers

Comments

• SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited October 2010
    checked your i.p.settings in the controlpanel?
  • kurtiswilkkurtiswilk Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Try patching a fixture. I believe it will be inactive until you do. I remember either disscussing or reading it somewhere.

Kurtis
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited October 2010
    Paul

What version of software is your Road Hog running?
    What is the image version on your desk.(setup, control panel, system info)
    Can you launch a new show and see if you get a log file when your DP is offline?
    -Setup-shows-log

If you do a Pig+Open+Backspace is the DP8000 Process reporting not responding?
    If so try to right click on it and restart the process.
  • pauldubpauldub Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for the replies,

I just updated the xpe and software to the latest, still no change.

i followed your instructions Michael and yes there is an error log for the dp8k, i tried to restart it as you suggested and it comes active for a second and then non responsive.

The desk still works perfectly fine if i open an old show.

And yes i do have fixtures patched.
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited October 2010
    can you manually set the networkaddresses / dhcp-serv etc? Maybe take/post photos of your current networksettings...
    edited October 2010
    Paul

So the DMX process works fine with an old show but when launching a new show the 8K process is not responding?
    Is this everytime you launch a new show?
    Is the warning appearing right away or after you patch?
    What fixtures are you patching, merged in fixtures or just a fixture from the library?
    edited October 2010
    Yes that is correct when using an old show file and re patching new fixtures/reprogramming the desk works fine.

When i start a new show, and ive tried several new show files, a warning icon indicating the dp8k not responsive appears straight after startup

this occurs both before and after fixtures are patched.

im mainly using Martin fixtures and dimmer channels from the standard libary. Nothing unusual and nothing different to how i did things before the desk started playing up.
    edited October 2010
    Paul

Can you please start a new show, delete the log files, log off and start another new show.
    Then see if we get another log file and if you do please email it to me.
    mgraham@barco.com

Also please tell me the image version and the software version you are running on your Road Hog.
    edited October 2010
    Hi Michael,

Problem solved.

By deleting the log file, logging out and then starting a new show its all good.

As ive never had any errors before im guessing that you always need to clear the log to fix a problem, or is this a small bug?

cheers
    edited October 2010
    Paul

I am glab you are up and running.
    I am not sure why deleting the log file fixed your problem as the log files should have no effect on the desk.
    Let me know if you see this again.