Studio Beam "Magn error"

im getting this on one of my fixtures. I'm assuming that it might be the magn. wheel sensor, but everything looks good, and I thought there was a separate sensor err code.

It was working fine and now my no color is magn most of the time, and my no color is off.

any quick way to isolate the issue? Magn err = wheels sensor? magn motor driver? magn motor? or could it be any of the above? It was not listed in the studio beam pdf of display codes.

I have done all the basic trouble shooting on this so far... home unit, check cables, reflective tape looks good on the magn wheel " sensor bump" etc.

thanks in advance!

sean
  • It is a homing sensor error, but could be due to a non-moving wheel, sticky wheel, or bad sensor. On the HES stuff, there is no direct error reporting on failed components (motors, sensors, drivers, etc.) but rather the effects thereof - in this case, magenta doesn't hit it's home position.

Home the fixture, and see if it appears to find the tab, and verify that the wheel is moving. Bad drivers can make a motor weak, in that it may home, but not make fast moves. Can you knock it out if you make a sudden color change? If it doesn't find the tab, and the wheel moves, then it's pretty much certain to be a sensor. If the wheel does not move, then it's motor or driver, and if it is sticky, then it's only motor as a candidate.

- Tim
Related