iPC v3.1.2 crash on startup

andrewgoodandrewgood Registered User
Hi, one of our iPC consoles crashes on startup. It gives a windows error report which says the problem lies with:

AppName: ipcconfigpanel-win32-golden.exe
AppVer:3.1.2 build 2697
ModName: msvcr80.dll

This happens just after the flying pig animation on startup and before the launch show window appears.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited October 2010
    I recommend running a full system restore on that iPC and running then upgrading to the latest 3.1.7 b2726.
  • andrewgoodandrewgood Registered User
    edited October 2010
    c_muenchow wrote: »
    I recommend running a full system restore on that iPC and running then upgrading to the latest 3.1.7 b2726.

Hi Chris,

I have just done this and it has removed the error messages i was getting but now the lefthand touchscreen is not being detected, the screen displays as usual but wont repsond to touches.

Any suggestions?
    edited October 2010
    Which touch screens are you using? Does touching the left touchscreen cause anything to happen?
    edited October 2010
    We are using the Elo ET1215L touchscreens. Touching the left screen has no effect on anything.

I have swapped the usb control cables for both screens and the same problem arises so I am thinking there may be an issue with the screen itself?
    edited October 2010
    That could be the case. I would test the touchscreen with a stand-a-lone PC to help narrow down if it is hardware or software failure.
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for your help Chris,

I have determined that the problem is a dodgy usb connection at the screen end.

Cheers,
    Andrew