The Old UPDATE Problem??

skierskier Registered User
I remember reading people where having problems with updates not recording.

Did this ever get sorted out??

I have to say I have never noticed a problem with it until earlier today. I have started to make a point of using CMY when using LED fixtures just to get in the habit of it and suddenly updates are failing to record.

I have gotten around it by using merge but wondered if it did ever get fixed.

Cheers

S

Comments

  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Hi Skier,

    Yes we did a good amount of work that cleaned up most cases that people were seeing. I am curious to know more about what happened when you saw problems. Can you describe better what was playing and what you were trying to update as well as what went wrong? Please also provide the version of software you are running.

    thank you,
  • skierskier Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Hi Brad

    The software version is 3.1.4

    As i said in my post I have never had a problem with using UPDATE before that I have noticed.

    I was using Generic RGB fixtures and desk channels. I had decided to get into the habit of using CMY instead of iRed, iGreen & iBlue which I always used to use so wondered if the problem lies with CMY and thats why I have never seen it before?

    The show is very basic with one main cue with the look of the show containing the LEDS and Desk channels. There are also a few other single cues on faders for desk channels only also.

    This happened during the setup of the show look when the CMY updates wouldnt record. I repeatedly tried with my keystrokes getting slower and slower to make sure I wasn't mis keying. After 3/4 attemps I used MERGE to get the update.

    I have not tried it since as the show is now running but I will have a go Monday to see if I can replicate it.
  • skierskier Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Just been trying to replicate the problem with no success....
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2010
    hmm... odd. Well let us know if you get more information or can repeat it.

    thank you,
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2010
    I can confirm something like this is really happening. Today update failed, when I modified a color of Robe 700 AT and tried to update. I had to use merge to get the color recorded.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Sami,

    Can you tell us exactly what you did and exactly how it failed? Did the auto-update box pop up? What did you select? What else was playing at the time? What exact parameter did you update?

    All information will help us to determine exactly what is going on.

    thank you,
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2010
    Brad,

    Update simply fails to record the values. Everything else works like normal, window pops up and shows correct cue.
    In this situation, I think the reason why record fails can be that the fixture has colour as CMY and I'm updating it to HS.
    I used suck to take a fixture color to programmer, copied it to another fixture and used update.
    Also update has failed sometimes to record the values when there's more than one target cue and I have selected only one.
    I try to look this issue more closely next time, cause there can be also change that values are recorded but they won't show up without assert.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2010
    Today, I had update failing once. I modified a color,position and zoom of VL3500 Spot. Values were not recorded, when I used update. I also checked that it isn't any kind of playback refresh error.
    So, update just simply failed to record the values.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Thank you for the information Sami.

    We will continue to look further into this problem.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited November 2010
    Software b2826
    Fullboar + Fullboar PB wing

    Any way that we can get some clarifiaction on the update bug or get the cue default timing issue resolved when you merge 'record'.
    It's quite fustrating not being able to do either method correctly.
    Lots of cuelists/pallettes being updated daily so need some method of updating cues without having to then go back and edit every cue time.
    To add a popup appears server busy array 15.........with a list of numbers.
    I ususally have deselected forward to off

    Thanks Cormac
Sign In or Register to comment.