Programmer Tracking Backup

Hi there, I understand that the Hog 3 features playback tracking back up thru MSC, I was wondering if ther are any future plans to impliment programer tracking backup. I use a Hog3 on a film set and am programing each scene live all day, It would be very helpfull to have my backup hog3 pc track my programing, so if i have a main console failure i could instantly switch over to the backup and my most recent programing work will be ready to go. unlike stage work my show is not pre programmed, i am programing each scene as a cue, with each episode being a cue list.
have had a few situations where the console has spontainiously restarted and would have ben nice to be able to switch over to the backup and had my last programing state ready to go. hope this makes sense.
  • One of the reason this has not be implemented is that the keystrokes used to create the crash COULD likely crash both desks. To get around this and have all of the programming information be the same is to use 2 consoles 1 server and 1 client. You would do all of your programming on the client that way in case of a crash you can move directly to the server and you will have everything you programmed upto the crash.
    i have done this quite a bit in situations where I cant afford to have the console down for 5 minutes during a reboot. You can even go minimalistic on the server side and use a decent laptop running Hog III pc with or without wings. If you are using a Hog III w and of the DP's make sure they are set to #3 or higher that way the Hog PC does not try to route data to the virtual DP.
  • The new network backup solutions in the upcoming v3.2 will greatly improve the capabilities that Lee mentioned. More details will come soon, but soon these types of problems will be a thing of the past.
Related