Hog III PC USB on 64-Bit OS

IlightemIlightem Registered User, Hog Beta
I have just bought a DMX Widget and just realized that it will not work on my PC because it's 64-Bit. When can we expect an update so I can actually use my new Widget?

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited September 2010
    64-bit drivers are in the next release which is v3.2.0. That software is currently in test and scheduled for release by the end of the year. The actual release date is still unknown.
  • IlightemIlightem Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2010
    Is there any chance of it coming out sooner? It seems I made a poor choice in purchasing the widget since the 3 machines I own are all 64-bit.
    edited September 2010
    Since 3.2.0 is a major release it comes with some major development effort and testing. The widget is not a bad investment as it will eventually be compatible with your computer system but in the mean time you do have the option to install Win 7 32-bit on one of your computers and then you can still connect the 64-bit machines as network clients or use them as offline editors.
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the help Chris!
    edited September 2010
    No problem. Sorry I don't have better news for you. You would think something like 64-bit drivers would be quick and easy but in my time testing here at High End I have learned that often the simple things are the most complicated to implement.
    edited January 2011
    Hey Chris are you guys any closer to releasing the new software so I can use my widget yet???? Or do I need to just go buy the MA DMX Widget????? LOL
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2011
    Hi Michael,

We are getting close, although the release of v3.1.8 has been slightly delayed due to a few other changes in the build. If you need the 64-bit drivers ASAP, please email me at brad.schiller (at) barco.com and I will provide you details about the beta program where you can download the beta version.

thank you for your patience,