Clear button giving undo commands on OLE.

Hi there.

Am often using Wyg R25 with HogIIIPC on the same computer.

Sometimes when bouncing between control of programs I get an annoying issue where hitting the Clear key suddenly starts giving undo commands instead of Clear ones.

My usual fix is to log off and then log back on and the problem goes away.

This has plagued me through many versions of HogIIIPC.

Anybody else out there having this problem?
  • [QUOTE=Matthew Tweddle;49671]Sometimes when bouncing between control of programs I get an annoying issue where hitting the Clear key suddenly starts giving undo commands instead of Clear ones.

My usual fix is to log off and then log back on and the problem goes away.

yeah, it's a tough habit to break, but you gotta stop trying to ctrl+drag a wysiwyg view while 3PC still has focus - activate a wysiwyg window *before* pressing that ctrl key or else 3PC will swallow the key-down event and never know that the ctrl key came back up, since that would then happen on wysiwyg's watch, which leaves 3PC believing that you're still holding down the pig key.

one would think that the shift key would present the same problem, but no, the virtual front panel really is such a mess that the different modifier keys are checked in different ways and at different times. go figure.

next time you get caught, instead of logging off, front 3PC and give the ctrl key a quick tap and release.
  • Thanks for that explanation Quinn.

That one was really starting to bother me.
Related