Start programming

Hi all,

This may be a stupid question but I'm just started with trying Hog 3 pc and saw the videos on the HES site. Only problem is that there is no video for programming a cue or cue list. I also read the manual but it seem I can't get it understand (normally I use Martin LightJockey).

I programmed some colors in the color pallet. First I have to select the fixtures and then click the color to get it work but I want to click a color and automatic apply it to fixtures.

Is there any good tutorial about programming a show or a sample show that I can look at?

Many thanks
  • Hi,

The manual has a tuturial in it, one of the steps being recording a cue.

With pretty much everything you do on the console you select your fixtures first in order to tell the console what you're going to be working with. If you don't want to have to key them in all the time you could easily record some groups and keep that window open along with your colors so it's just two clicks to select fixtures and then apply color to them.

Eric
  • I followed the tutorial in the manual but was thinking I did something wrong. On the consoletrainer.com site I followed the videos but there was nothing from programming cues.

I'm used to select a color button and that it automatic applies to the fixtures I programmed. So if I want to use the iris function from a technobeam I have to select the technobeams and then press the iris cue to change it and not only press the iris cue when I'm opperating.
  • Hi,

Moving from one program to another can sometimes be very confusing, but usually very rewarding since all offer different featuresets, some slightly more than others!

As above, the tutorials are good, the manual is very efficient and i encourage you to revisit them during your time on the Hog PC/WholeHog OS.

Below is one way of going about it.

To program a cue:
    1. Make sure your console is patched
    2. In the Left top window of the three, Press the "Palettes" soft button
    Now you will see the 4 Windows with Palettes that is available to you.
    3. Select your first fixture by simply press 1, then press record and touch a space in the GROUP palettes window.
    4.Select your first fixture by simply press 2, then press record and touch a second space in the GROUP palettes window.
    5. Observe that the CLEAR button LED now is lit, this means there is values in the PROGRAMMER. This is what will be recorded. Press it once to clear it.
    6. Now select the two Group Palettes, (This is even more useful once you get a console with touch screens) Press @ Full on the key pad, press the COLOR button, now you will be able to select a color from the parameters with the wheels, select any and press RECORD, touch a space in the COLOR palettes window. Now this Palett will represent this color, a reference to that color in your programing.
    7. You can also use the Gel Picker or the ColorPicker witch is available as the two last soft buttons in the top of the ColorDirectory

8. Now Select any lights (One or Two ;) ) with the GroupPalettes and a color palette. Press Record and then CUE 1 ENTER
    This will Record Cue 1 into List one, since CUES are a Part of CUELISTS, Not separate as in other systems.

9. A better way is to place the Cuelist on a Fader/Master direct when recorded as shown in our tutorials

There is also SCENES witch are very handy and not as limited as a CUE might be, witch is what i believe you are asking :)

The Scenes will work in the way you want and in MANY more ways.

Press and Hold OPEN and SCENES, a windows opens ScenesDirectory.

Record scenes in here and put this window on a external 17" touchscreen and you have 150 "Executors" that you can use in many situations.

Good Luck and forgive any smaller detail errors, i wrote this out of my memory...:147:

Btw, wlecome to the HogFamily!
  • Thanks for the explanation.
    I will try it later when I have time.

Many thanks
  • [QUOTE=Abbe RPM Digital Lighting;49018]Hi,

There is also SCENES witch are very handy and not as limited as a CUE might be, witch is what i believe you are asking :)

The Scenes will work in the way you want and in MANY more ways.

What can scenes do that Cues can't? I've always found scenes to be limiting, so I hardly ever use them.
  • i agree.

Consoletrainer.com is a great site, but nothing about programing cues, timelines, cue pages, playback etc

they skip some of the most important operations to do with lighting a show, they jump from arranging your windows on the screen to sc fi information, networking etc... what about simply working with cues, fade times and so on ? ? ??
Related