IPC DVD

kurtiswilkkurtiswilk Registered User
Heu guys

Just looking for thoughts on a DVD burner in a Hog IPC, I have a few kicking around. Would it be able to utilize the DVD burn function? I ask because I have tons of Blank DVDs i'm trying to use before buy any CD's. It would be simply for archival purposes since I carry a USB stick for onsite back up.

Thanks
Kurtis

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Probably not going to work. You would need to be able to install the drivers for a DVD burner, and the XPe software is "locked down" with good reason.

Why not just tranfer files off the USB onto a computer to burn to DVD if you are not using discs onsite then?

Hope this helps. :)
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited August 2010
    It might work, it might not. It might be able to burn CDs, but not DVDs. You can try it, but you're on your own. Obviously it's not a configuration we're going to support.

The IPC software is built around burning CDs. It will entirely depend on how compatible the DVD burner is with the commands used by a CD burner.
  • kurtiswilkkurtiswilk Registered User
    edited August 2010
    I'll see what happens. I'm just trying to avoid that step of transfering shows to USB, Guess i'm just trying to be lazy :D

Kurtis