LTC Timecode Widget Difficulties

Hey all,
I'm wondering, as I am working with the sound playback team once again to get the timecode to show up in the console, if anyone else has difficulties running timecode to the USB widget . I have plenty of experience working with timecode, but it always seems like it's trouble getting the console to read the timecode. It's like this whether it's on a PC laptop running HogPC or on a Wholehog 3 console.

Currently I am running v.3.1.5 (which I just recently successfully used with timecode to drive a cuelist), the timecode widget is showing up in the system info, and the red link light is flashing every second or so. Everything is configured correctly but there's no sign of the code when either I play the track with the timecode on the right channel from my laptop into phono to XLR connector or when the sound man cues it up through his mixer.

So my questions are this, what is the ideal setup TO the board for timecode...which channel, left or right? Does it matter? What are the ideal gain settings for the timecode, what is the ideal frame rate? It seems like there is always a lot of headscratching before all of a sudden, seemingly magically, the numbers go skating along like ice on a stick of butter. Anyone who wants to share their experiences, come on...
Dave
Related