Trackspot Color Wheel Homing Issue

Hi,

I have an early version of the Trackspot (Lightwave Research model) which has a color wheel that will not home. If I move it by hand and "force" it to the correct position, self-test then runs fine.

Do I have a bad motor, sensor or IC? I dusted the sensor and checked for a rubbing wheel but these two items look okay. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

John M. Bedell
  • I found the problem - it's fixed, but here's the scoop for others who may have the same problem.

I had replaced a motor on this unit earlier and ended up pinching a wire from the gobo sensor harness under the shutter motor and motor bracket assembly. This gave me intermittent self-test/no self-test conditions. Just by rocking the bracket assembly (for all three motors) back and forth a bit (with mount screws still in), I was able to get things to work. I relocated the harness behind the assembly (running by the three mount screws) and it's all set. Hope this helps others.

John M. Bedell
  • I've always found that accumulated dust clog the sensor under either wheel and cause it to not see the notch in the wheel. Compressed air works great.

I haven't had the crimped issue as described earlier.. but keep in mind, these fixtures are going on 20 years old..

If cleaning doesn't work, replace sensor. That works 10 times out of ten.
Related