Hog 3 not reading files

mikeyraymikeyray Registered User
hi all
So I was on a hog 3 yesterday at a festival burnt my show to disc from my computer put in the console and nothing was there
put disc back in computer files there , fine
carried on to burn the files to disc on 3 different computers and still the same
put in an old disc that had shows on and it read it fine ??
The Console was running the latest version software 2773
any ideas
Mikey

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited July 2010
    What did you burn them on? Mac or PC?

Did you burn a backup file? Some programs strip certain types of extensions trying to "help" and turns out to burn you.

Can you list the file names EXACTLY as they appear on the cd?
  • mikeyraymikeyray Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Yes I burnt the back up files ,
    see attached pic as to how they view when disc is put into my mac (also the same on my pc
    mikey
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited July 2010
    Macs and the Safari web browser are notorious for modifying Hog showfiles without telling you. They see that it's compressed data, and helpfully uncompresses it for you. This corrupts the file and renders it unreadable by the Hog3 software.

In general, I don't recommend using a Mac to manipulate show files unless you know exactly what you are doing.

If you want, you can send your file from the CD via upload.highend.com. Post the filename here and someone can look at it.
    edited July 2010
    yeah i get that
    thats why i used a pc as well taking the original files from the usb stick that was saved from the console
    still didnt work
    mikey
    i have tried to attach the show file but it keeps failing
    will try later
    edited July 2010
    eric I have uploaded the file
    its called guetta humgary 4th draft
    its sent to the attention of mitch peeples as your name isnt on the drop down list
    mikey
    edited July 2010
    If you look at the actual file name on the server, it's "guetta humgary4 th draft change page.hog3.tar.gz.zip". Something added the .zip extension, which is not valid for a show file. Any idea where along the chain this may have happened?

Also, In the actual show file name, or are there any characters with accent marks or other non-ASCII characters? Hogs can have a hard time with odd characters like that. In general, you're best to stick with simple filenames.

Finally, I looked at the data within the file, and it's partially corrupt. I can't tell exactly what's happened without much deeper analysis.
    edited July 2010
    I zipped it before i uploaded it
    what were the none ascii characters
    edited July 2010
    I didn't see any non-ASCII characters, but the name "guetta" looked like it may have had accent marks at one point. Different systems handle unicode filenames differently, so that may have been your problem.
    edited July 2010
    just had it again today with a different console
    grrr