Export patch to spreadsheet/ excel

skierskier Registered User
Hope I have not missed this somewhere, but would it be usefull to be able to export the patch info to a Spreadsheet/ Excel document instead of the print function?

In this format it would be easy to email to rigging crew or in my case another operator who needs to enter the patch in another make of desk before he gets on site.

S

Comments

• ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm, interesting.

Someone will probably have an answer here shortly.

In the meantime, I wonder if on HOG PC if you print to a file can you then import that into excel?

I've used drivers that list in with printers for creating PDF's.
    You would just need one that does a text file.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited July 2010
    If we are talking about exporting patch here... Does anybody else think it would be a good options to be able to export the patch to CSV format? I havn't used Excel to its full form in a while, but I seem to remember being able to use CSV with Excel... or maybe its Access I am thinking of..? Anyway, I think export to text or CSV would be a good option... or is that just me!?

Thanks,
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited July 2010
    Try printing to a PDF file as others have suggested. There are a number of free PDF creators out there, and almost everyone can read PDFs.

There are also tools that can extract text from PDFs. You may be able to use one of these if you absolutely need text.
    edited July 2010
    Joe, I prefer a Delimited text file.
    Tab, Semicolon, Comma are a typical delimiter.
  • skierskier Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Eric

I am completely confused. Are we saying there is already the ability to print to pdf? I have looked again at the patch print window and i'm seeing no way to print to file.

As Joe mentioned an option to CSV file would be along the lines I was thinking.
    edited July 2010
    Eric,

You need a driver that creates a file rather than spooling to an actual printer.

Google "pdf print driver".
  • jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2010
    With Hog3PC i've used PDF995. It's free and works well. You can find it at www.pdf995.com.
  • Mick MurrayMick Murray Registered User
    edited August 2010
    wouldn't be rocket science to get the hog to that would it?