Road hog touch screen isues

nunnynunny Registered User
Recently i have been having more issues with my road hog.

When starting up the right hand screen does the usual out of range scenario and whereas it would usually come up with the FPS logo it goes into some sort of test mode, displaying different coloured lines horizotally and vercitall in a test sequence.

I had the desk apart and checked all the cables on the sceen were seated properley and found the screen control cable ( from the controls on the top of the board ) had seperated from the touch screen, i reseated this and the sceen worked fine until i came to load the console on a different show. it happened again so i assumed the cable must have came loose again but it hadn't.

I have today had the console apart and made sure everything is connected correctly and it all seems fine, up to now the problem hasnt re ocurred.

Im about to re install the xp image and software to ensure its not a software problem, has anyone else had this problem or has anyone any ideas on it??

Regards

Mike

Comments

• Ronald BRonald B Registered User
    edited July 2010
    It's Posible that your bios battery is empty i had this once. The bios goes to another setting and only the left screen works but the touch function of both screen will still work.

I installed a new battery on the motherboard, adjust the setting in the bios and my problem was fixed.

If your not sure how to fix it contact your dealer/suplyer they can fix your problem in a few minuts.

Goodluck with your problem.
  • nunnynunny Registered User
    edited July 2010
    What changes would need to be made tho the bios settings??

Im with the desk today and its behaving itself at present

regards

Mike
    edited July 2010
    I'd have to look it up. But it's a setting that say's the internal and the external vga should be used.

the one thing i do know is it's the second option from above if i remember correctly.
    it looks like PCI/VGA

If you really wana know for sure ill look it up tomorrow morning.

But first a littlebit of sleep for this guy, goodnight.

Regards

Ronald
  • nunnynunny Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Thanks pal

PS wish i had the luxury of sleep, on a show from8 am til 5 am tomorrow morning, the joys of the events industry.

Mike
    edited July 2010
    Hi there Mike,

sorry it took so long my console was out on rental.
    i just added some pictures of how your BIOS setting should have to look like.

I hope this solves your problem.

Good luck and if you have any questions let me know.

Kind Regards

Ronald