Macintosh Keyboard -Bootcamp- no Pause/Break button

(I am asking this in case I ever find myself using a Mac with Hog3PC installed.)

Though I don't have a Mac to test on, yesterday I was asked if I knew how to get around the no Pause/Break button issue when using a Mac laptop with Windows XP installed via Bootcamp (a partition, not a virtualization, so other than the keyboard it is virtually the same). The person who asked me said that they just plugged in a PC keyboard to get around it. Being curious, I thought I'd ask here because there is no way for me to test this myself.

First, has this already been solved? In Hog3PC control panel there is a Keyboard option for Macintosh, does that solve the problem of not having a Pause/Break key? And is there a manual for the differences in the keyboard shortcuts among the different keyboard options?

What Apple.com support pages say:

(Of course, in results about Bootcamp it says there are included keyboard drivers, so I don't think that would be an issue.)

This article about Apple Keyboard Mapping links to an article about keyboard layout which has a link to the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.

"Boot Camp: Apple keyboard mapping in Windows XP and Vista"
support.apple.com/kb/HT1167

"Mac OS X 10.5, Boot Camp: Understanding how Apple localized keyboard character combinations are mapped in Windows"
support.apple.com/kb/HT2587

The Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator page
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb964665.aspx

If the aforementioned Macintosh Keyboard setting found in the Control Panel doesn't solve the missing Pause/Break key issue with the Mac keyboard then does the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator solve it?

Or does using an alternative key-mapping software I've found called Sharpkeys work?

www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/map-any-key-to-any-key-on-windows-xp-vista/

Okay, if none of the above solves the problem then perhaps the OSK (On Screen Keyboard) will solve it? Or if that one doesn't work then perhaps an alternative onscreen keyboard will? I found a freeware called Click-N-Type (it's necessary to open an included keyboard profile to get the Pause/Break key) (Also, Click-N-Type works together with CNTDesigner which creates custom Keyboards for Click-N-Type). For a list see: www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-onscreen-keyboard-osk.htm

Again, I'm asking all this because I don't have a Mac to test with. And the person I talked to said that they tried lots of methods before settling on using an external PC keyboard.

If you use a Mac then how did you solve this to get keyboard access to the missing keys such as the Pause/Break?

Thanks.
Related