change page and submasters' behaviour.

Hi everybody.
I don't know if this is working as expected or it is actually a bug but sub-masters' levels are simply ignored when changing page.
I've got my change page action set on leave in background with remember fader values selected. Just patch 10 desk channels. Create 2 pages.
Set 1 thru 10 to full when on page 1. Go to page 2. Create a sub-master for selected fixtures. Lower it to 0 or any level below 100% and eventually go back to page 1. Intensity snaps back to 100% ignoring my sub-master level on page 2.
Thanks
Marco
  • Yes, I had some problems a month ago on a corporate gig.

I messed with it for an hour and decided to bail on the multi page setup I was looking for.

I had a bunch of HTP faders and when I would change page they would not maintain level.
  • Inhibitive submasters currently don't track across pages... and it's an interesting topic of debate because although it seems like inhbitive submasters should maintain their levels in the background, it creates a problem to inhibit output on one page and not be able to release or reset the inhibitted level while on a different a page that doesn't have that same inhibitive submaster on it. You could find yourself in a situation where you are searching for a reason why your wash units are not coming up as bright as you think they should all because an inhibitive submaster is hiding somewhere on a random page in your show. This, I believe, is why inhibitive submasters have been left the way they currently are....and by this current method if you want an inhibitive submaster to work on every page then you need to move the inhibitive submaster handle to a spot on the playback bar on every page. This will allow seamless page changes and maintain the inhibitive submaster level.
  • [QUOTE=c_muenchow;48218] You could find yourself in a situation where you are searching for a reason why your wash units are not coming up as bright as you think they should all because an inhibitive submaster is hiding somewhere on a random page in your show. This, I believe, is why inhibitive submasters have been left the way they currently are....and by this current method if you want an inhibitive submaster to work on every page then you need to move the inhibitive submaster handle to a spot on the playback bar on every page.

Potentially there are plenty of situations where you're searching for a reason why your wash units are not coming up as bright as you think they should because of a cuelist with a higher priority hidden somewhere on a random page or because an inhibitive master is hiding somewhere else or because you forgot to unpark your wash units.....
    That doesn't necessarily mean we should get rid of the park option or the leave in background option in the first place.
    As you stated there's a long debate about how inhibitive submasters should behave and I personally believe they should track through pages.
    I would like to have the option to choose whether or not submasters are tracking through pages. Everybody happy
    Thanks
  • I'm missing something here...

I felt Marco and I were experiencing unintended operation where Inhibitive subs are just the nature of the beast.

Set me straight. Please.
  • I'm new to Hog, but I have been working with three different lighting consoles in the past fifteen years and actually I'm a bit shocked. If you call a function submaster than this function should work like a submaster and not like a bit of that. A submaster has always the highest priority over a group independent of any page! If you don't want that than please rename it. It causes more problems if a standard function is not working as expected. If you don't want people to search for a not working fixture, because of a submaster, than simply add a dimmer level bar on each group in the group window. This is as simple as possible and we don't need a new tab or window as overview.
Related