Color Model with RGB Fixtures

Hi,

I'm currently using some LDDE Spectra-Connect T5 fixtures with the profile provided by Steve in a post under the library requests forum, but I believe that the Generic RGB LED profile works in the same fashion.

I think it would be simpler to mix colors on these fixtures with the ability to mix with their native color models (RGBW for Spectra connect and RGB for the LED) instead of having to use the CMY or HSI model. I'm assuming this isn't possible with the way the color model handled by the console?

I know I can use the I-Red, I-Green settings etc., but then I can't use the Intensity control to proportionally scale the colors.

It seems that this would go hand in hand with the abstraction concept of the rest of the console and it seems like it's something that the console is already doing because when I give it CMY values it's translating into RGB to give to the fixtures, it would just be nice to be able to give it RGB and it treat these as colors and not intensities.

Thanks
Eric
  • I understand what you are asking, but I personally don't find it that hard to use CMY in the same way.....you just have to think the other way around (ie - Cyan is Minus Red, Magenta is Minus Green, and Yellow is Minus Blue).

I find it easier and faster to use CMY b/c I am already using that color space/model with all my other automated fixtures.

Hope this helps. :)
  • I have to agree this drives me mad too

I nearly always use thomas Pixel pars and these have RGB + an Intensity Channel

Great you think but the Intensity channel is always outputing 100% no matter what you do with the desk so the fixture behaves the same as any 3 channel LED RGB fixture using the I Red, I Green etc. Why can't the intensity channel of the fixture be linked and controlled by the intensity encoder?

Seems a simple ask to me but maybe theres something I am just not gettin!

S
  • [QUOTE=skier;48066]
    Great you think but the Intensity channel is always outputing 100% no matter what you do with the desk so the fixture behaves the same as any 3 channel LED RGB fixture using the I Red, I Green etc. Why can't the intensity channel of the fixture be linked and controlled by the intensity encoder?

Seems a simple ask to me but maybe theres something I am just not gettin!

S

I think this has to do with the way the console handles RGB Mixing Fixtures, some of them have real intensity channels others don't
    To keep replacing fixture-types working and also together with that the real-world-parameters, it is necessary to set a real intensity-channel on a RGB Fixture to 100%

And I don't see any problem in using CMY with a RGB fixture. Most Operators are used to work with CMY or HSI cause all non LED-fixtures are using this colormodel. Also when having a mixed setup it is so much easier to use just one colormodel than always have to switch
Related