Unable to complete Hog 3 PC Install on laptop?

This is a strange one. In the pass I've been able to install other versions of Hog 3 PC on my Dell Laptop XPS M170 with MS Windows XP Professional (SP3) without any issues.
But I've recently encountered a problem with the new release of Hog 3 PC 3.1.6.2773.
I select to run the install from the Highend site as I've done many times in the pass. Everythings seems to be going right until the install wizard get to the Status: Installing New Service.
Then I get is prompt: Service "FPS NTP Service (hogntpd) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.
I select to retry and th same prompt appears. I slelect to cancel and the wizard rolls back the install.
I've recently agreed to allow Microsoft to verify my copy of Windows XP Professional.is authenic. Could this be an issue with loading your software?
Have you heard of anyone else having these issues after excepting the terms of MS authenic agreement?

Please advise,

[INDENT]Best Regards,

[/INDENT]

[INDENT]

Darrel "Beammer" Cummins
LD / Intelligent, Digital Lights and Media Server Programmer
D. L. C. Productions
29 W Avenida De Las Flores
Thousand Oaks, AC. 91360-3116
Cell #: (805) 377-5828

e-mail: djcbeammer@aol.com

[/INDENT]
  • [QUOTE=Beammer;47961]Service "FPS NTP Service (hogntpd) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

i actually ran into the very same problem just this week, and no, it has nothing to do with Windows Genuine Advantage activation or validation.

rather, the FPS NTP Service was "re-named" between 3.1.1.2679 and 3.1.2.2697, and the 3.1.2+ installers don't handle that aspect of the upgrade.

here are two commands, to be run from a command prompt:
    [CODE]sc stop fpsntp & sc delete fpsntp
    sc stop hogntpd & sc delete hogntpd[/CODE]

which one you need to use depends on your history of installing, uninstalling, upgrading, etc.

run the first command and then try installing again; if that continues to fail, try the second.
  • Thanks quinn,
    I'll give this a try and let you know if it works.

[INDENT]Best Regards,

Darrel "Beammer" Cummins
    LD / Intelligent, Digital Lights and Media Server Programmer
    D. L. C. Productions
    29 W Avenida De Las Flores
    Thousand Oaks, AC. 91360-3116
    Cell #: (805) 377-5828

e-mail: djcbeammer@aol.com

[/INDENT]
Related