Hog III PC w/ VMWare Fusion crashes playback?

loebusloebus Registered User
edited October 2010 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
So I don't remember specifically which H3 update started this, but starting around a year ago every time I try to log off or quit H3PC I am unable to do so without force quitting VMWare/XP. Then, my playback started crashing every time I touch anything playback related; go button, Scene on a touchscreen, whatever. I recently sprung for the $40 update to VMWare hoping that might fix it, even though I only ever use VMWare to run H3PC, and nothing. H3 updates don't fix it either.
Anybody had a similar issue? It's really rendering H3PC nearly useless, HES just says they don't support VMWare.

Comments

• SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
    edited June 2010
    I've been using Fusion, Windows 7 and current H3 with no issues.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2010
    I wont use any virtual system in show situations, Why don't you just setup a bootcamp Partition and all is fine?!
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited June 2010
    I now have this problem as well. H3PC will not gracefully quit and hangs with the Kill/Wait dialog box when running under VMWare Fusion (latest build) and Hog 3.1.6

Marc- I agree that it is not good for a live show, but it is handy when you are checking show files, patch, etc offline to have it run in a virtual environment.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2010
    I use Paralles for that without any problems. Also no problems when connecting wings or DPs
    So you see I agree with that what you are saying. But no idea why VMWare causes problems
  • loebusloebus Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Andris wrote: »
    I now have this problem as well. H3PC will not gracefully quit and hangs with the Kill/Wait dialog box when running under VMWare Fusion (latest build) and Hog 3.1..

Andris, any success resolving this for you yet? I'm still having the same problem, it's making me crazy. Can any HES folks help out here?