Issue Installing on Windows 7 64-bit

rdr_falconrdr_falcon Registered User
Hello,

I am trying to install HogPC Version 3.1.5 on a 64-bit computer running Windows 7. When I run the installer i get the first warning telling me that it is not ment to run on a 64-bit system but that message I can just click around and continue the intall. After the install starts, during the valadation process I get another error stating that this software is ment to run on Windows XP and a few other OS's and then the installer quits back to its home screen.

At first I thought it was the UAC so i checked that and it is turned off on my system.

Any Ideas

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited May 2010
    Hmm..when you say "during the validation process" what are you referring to? What is on the screen when the error pops up?
  • quinnquinn Registered User
    edited May 2010
    please use these instructions to produce an error log.

when running the command, be sure to replace Hog2PC_3-4-3-123.msi with Hog3PC-Win32-golden_3-1-5-2725.msi, and know that the "l" in "/l*xv" is a lowercase "L"
  • rdr_falconrdr_falcon Registered User
    edited May 2010
    What I mean is the install process starts, meaning that there is a progress bar that comes up and starts to run. Right above that bar in the there is a line of text that states the status of the install. The first thing that comes up is validating install. And then it quites out.
  • rdr_falconrdr_falcon Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Ok I created a log file, Thanks for the help with that! I was not able to post the direct file do to its size so I cut and pasted into the word file you will see. Thanks Again for helping me out with this issue!
  • quinnquinn Registered User
    edited May 2010
    i assume you were running 3PC 3.0.0.2417 on Windows Vista, and then performed an in-place upgrade to Windows 7.

this tech note describes how to get around the errant 3PC v3.0.0.2417 uninstaller logic.