Intellabeam sounds like an arc-welder.. Any Ideas?

Hi,
I recently purchased several old Ibeams and Im attempting to breathe life into the beasts for some school productions. So far the only two I've tested are working beautifully in the test mode. One is incredibly loud though... and that is my issue. It occurs when the lamp is struck and remains on throughout, increasing while dimming. It sounds like a harsh vibration making me think it was the bearings in the fan, but took that out of the equation so it seems to be in either the ballast/transformer, the igniter, or something else along those lines. I'm a LD/Programmer thats worked on some elation 700cmy's but thats about it so these older balast systems are new to me. -sounds like an old neon transformer and it changes with the orientation of the light getting worse when the light is on its side or back-

If anyone has any insight as to what may be causing this, and any way to correct/troubleshoot/test this, please let me know. Thanks www.controlbooth.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif
Related