CMA/PC/Vista problem

I can not open the program. I downloaded it today. It did not work. I went back, double checked I had the needed software mentioned on the HE sight. I also turned off active networks as discussed in this forum. I uninstalled, then re-installed after all the changes. Still no luck. What am I missing?
Problem is not just me or my computer. My fellow designer that is working on the same project tried for the first time today to open the CMA on his PC laptop, and had the same problem. At the time I did not ask what his O/S was.
Help will be greatly appricated
-Dee
  • The most common issue is not waiting for your computer to auto-assign an IP address....this can take up to 10 minutes on some machines. So you must wait a while after you connect to the network before launching CMA.

If you do not want to wait you can assign your computer a static IP in the proper range (such as 169.254.120.101 with a subnet of 255.255.0.0)

Other things to look at:

- Make sure that your OS is completely up to date (via Microsoft Updates).....really what you want to make sure of is that you are running the proper version of the .Net framework.

- What version of Vista are you running?

- Are you an a real PC or a Mac?....if Mac make sure you are running "native" (like Bootcamp and not Parallels, etc)

Hope this helps. :)
  • I am not trying to open the program while connected to the fixture network. Do I need to be connected before the CMA on my computer will work?
    I would think you could go into the CMA, say in the hotel room the after a show, add custom content, the network the next day. Is this possible?

I am trying to familiarize myself with the program prior to touring with DL3's.

I am running Vista Home Edition. 64bit. on a Toshiba PC laptop. Yes it is updated.
  • alright, tried a few things to try and network with a DL3. still immediatly getting:

"Highend.DL2.Management.Server has stopped working"

when trying to open the program from the laptop.

We confirmed IP addresses to 169.254.xxx as assigned by the hub.
    I confirmed firewall as being disabled.
    I closed all other networks.
    Opened up security settings/sharing settings.

Tried another PC laptop that just downloaded CMA as well. Same problems.

No solution has been reached...any help would be great.
  • Hi,
    The CMA application has to have a network connection to a fixture be it DL2/DL3/Axon before you can upload content.You cannot upload content via the CMA without the CMA being connected to a fixture via the network whatever way that is setup.
    Please make sure you have the mains plugged in for the laptop and it has power,some PC network cards switch off or go into standby quickly if they are running on battery which makes it very hard for the PC to find a valid IP address.
    Was the new laptop you tried also running vista software or other software?
    How are you connecting the CMA laptop to the fixtures? What is your setup?

Best C
  • Cormac is correct.

The CMA is an application that essentially allows you to browse files located on a DL or AXON HDD (Hard Disk Drive). Without a DL connected to the netowrk there is nothing to browse or upload to.

You mentioned a "Hub" in your setup and that it assigned an IP.....do you have a DHCP router in your netowrk that is supposed to be assigning IP addresses? If you do it probably is not working properly or not set up properly as the IP range you stated is in the "auto-assigned" range....and not something a DHCP router is supposed to assign.

You might want to try giving support a call @ +1 (800) 890-8989
    They will get you sorted much faster than here on th forums.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=lightlady;47383]
    I am running Vista Home Edition. 64bit. on a Toshiba PC laptop. Yes it is updated.

This is the reason that the CMA is not working. The current release of the CMA does not work on 64-bit operating systems. V2.0, which is scheduled to be released in the next couple of months, will fix this issue.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but for now you will need a 32bit OS to run the CMA.
  • [QUOTE=schiefels;47394]Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but for now you will need a 32bit OS to run the CMA.

please find the CMA Thunker utility attached to [POST=42303]this post.[/POST] its single purpose is to get 1.5.4 started on 64-bit systems.