MIDI MSC "Go" command

nathantobinnathantobin Registered User
Greetings,

haven't found this anywhere on the forums. looking at controlling HOG3PC with Digi VENUE console. I am aware the VENUE does NOT output MSC, but am looking at the MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus for conversion to MSC.

My question: Is there a generic "GO" and "HALT/BACK" MSC command for HOG? I want to be able to simply send a "go" or "back" command from VENUE without having to specify a list/cue number. Otherwise, i'd have to do a LOT of programming in the Event Processor and the VENUE snapshots.

Thanks for any help,

Nathan
Christ Church, Fairview Heights, IL (St. Louis)

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Hi Nathan,

If you do not specify a cuelist via MSC then the GO command is applied to the current chosen master. If you do not specify a cue number then the GO command is taken as GO NEXT (on the specified or chosen master)

So if your MSC command does not include a cuelist and cue number, then you will be sending a GO command to the chosen master.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited May 2010
    Nathan

You can also use the Digi Venue GPIO to trigger the Midi Solutions box. Works great for us (except we trigger a Cueserver instead of a Midi Solutions box).

http://midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm

Jon
  • nathantobinnathantobin Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks guys, that helps. I'll try that.