windows 7 64 bit

lighttchlighttch Registered User
Just wondering if there is a version in the works compatable with Windows 7 64 bit. Our office just upgraded all the computers, and now I no longer have the ability to network my PC as a backup / offline editor.

thanks,
Andrew

Comments

• chadlchadl Registered User
    edited December 2009
    You should do a forum search for this. Many people have asked this question, and the response has always been that 64-bit Vista and 7 are not supported as of now.
  • lighttchlighttch Registered User
    edited December 2009
    I realize that. I was wondering (from the powers that be) if there was an update in the near future that would remedy this.

Andrew
  • ryanwilkinsonryanwilkinson Registered User
    edited December 2009
    Yes, they are working on new drivers.. No ETA posted yet..
  • RYANCRYANC Registered User
    edited January 2010
    I hate to harp on this, but myself, and I'm sure a bunch of others have bought computers lately and have Windows 7 64 bit installed. I know that High End doesn't want to commit to saying when it will be HOG PC friendly, but can someone give a rough idea?

1 week? 1 month? 6 months?

Thanks
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2010
    Ryan,

We have many on going software developments which dictate when a release will occur, so it is difficult to say when the 64-bit release will occur. However I can assure you that we are planning a compatible release without USB support very soon. The USB drivers will take more time and additional testing, but we do plan to get a fully 64-bit release of Hog 3PC out as quickly as possible.

Hopefully we will have the off-line and networking compatible version (no USB drivers) out within a month or two. The driver version will follow a few months after that.

We understand the importance of 64-bit compatibility, but we also want to ensure it is working as expected and not rush the release.

Thanks for your understanding and patience,
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited January 2010
    Ryan

We released version 3.1.4 b2720 today, this release will allow you to install 3PC on a 64 bit machine, please note that FPS USB Devices will still only work on 32 bit machines.
  • Richard RasmussenRichard Rasmussen Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2010
    Thank you thank you thank you!!! My 2 month old laptop running 64bit can now come out of the closet. That didn't sound right.
  • MLassiMLassi Registered User
    edited January 2010
    I downloaded and installed the latest version. It works on my 64bit. Yay for that.

I noticed that it does not recognize memory above 4GB, not that it should be a real problem, since it is the visualizer that will need the extra power, but just so you know.
  • jthatcherjthatcher Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2010
    I have just installed it on my windows 7 64bit machine. And I get an unknown exception error. Any thoughts?
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Are you running Hog3PC as an Administrator?
    Is your UAC turned off?

I had the same problem myself Michael suggested UAC and it fixed my problem.
    edited January 2010
    It is running as an administrator. For give my ignoarance, but what is "UAC"?
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2010
    Hey Josh,

UAC is User Account Control. It was added in Vista that blocks all Windows setting changes with the "do you really want to do this <allow><deny>" dialogs.
  • quinnquinn Registered User
    edited January 2010
    please see chris's introduction and my retort in this [thread=8700]thread[/thread]

and of course, a quick workaround, [post=38656]here[/post]
    edited January 2010
    The uac was the problem thanks.
  • GuyPaveloGuyPavelo Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Downloading new release now...
    Hate that i had to update my Win7 software... My release candidate was about to expire, but I was only given the 64bit ultimate edition. Yay for release of 64bit version! Thanks!!