Cuelists (NOT ON FADERS) as chases?

W8TAHW8TAH Registered User
Is it possible for me to construct cue lists that are not on faders and trigger them with macros -- and have them set up as a chase? the manual on page 320 seems to indicate that I should be able to.

Thanks

TIM

Comments

• barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2008
    Yes. Any cuelist you create will always be in the Cuelist Directory until you delete it from there. You can set a comment macro to trigger any cuelist, even if it is not on a playback master.
    Another trick is you can add additional Playback Bars, even without a playback wing. You could put your chases on the added playback bar.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Tim,

As Scott says this is easy to do. This functionality is known as Virtual Masters and is explained in Section 24.3 of the User Manual/Help.
  • joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Is there any way to do tap tempo for chases on virtual faders?
    edited December 2008
    Joe,

No unfortunately this only works on physical masters. This detail and more information can be found in section 24.5.5 of the User Manual/Help.
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited December 2008
    Brad,

I've found that if I have the fader at 0% when I "delete" the cuelist from it to make it virtual, it maintains the 0% when I run it with a macro.

I have to remember to have the fader up (like 100%) when I do the Choose + Delete.
    edited December 2008
    Cat,

You have found bug #3112 which states that virtual master fader levels will relate to the "remember fader values" preference for page change in the preferences window. If you turn off this preference then they will work as expected. However I understand why you might want this on and why you might be confused as you did not change a page...

that is all part of the bug. I have added your comments and a repro based on my testing to the bug log. This bug is currently targetted to an upcoming major release.

thanks!
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited December 2008
    Thanks Brad!
  • JEmanuelJEmanuel Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Hey Brad,

Was wondering if having the ability to do tap tempo on Virtual Faders is already a requested enhancement? If not, it's something I know I would be happy to see and I'm sure other hog users would too.

Thanks
    edited December 2008
    Justin,

This feature was not previously requested, however I have logged it as item #12635.

Thanks!
  • JEmanuelJEmanuel Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks Brad