HTP effects

cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
Hi,
i know this has been covered before but can someone enlighten me as to why it easier "not" to be able to run intensity effects as HTP?
Why would you not want to run intensity effects as HTP?

I know what some of the workarounds are so i don't need to know how but more the why...
Is there any chance of this becoming a feature in the future at some point?

Regards C

Comments

• ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited September 2007
    Hi C,

I have read your post several times and I'm not quite sure what you are asking for. I think my confusion may be with the word "effects".

Are you talking about intensity effects using the HOG Effects Engine or in something like a cuelist chase?

Cat
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited September 2007
    Hi,
    sorry for not being clear and to the point in my first post.
    Yes i am talking about the f/x engine and intensity effects.

Cormac
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited September 2007
    C,

How about this scenario,

Cuelist 1 has fixture 1 intensity at say 50% and I run an f/x in cuelist 2 to do a chase that wants the intensity to go from 0% to 100% to 0%, and so on.

If the cuelist 2 f/x is HTP won't I end up with 50% to 100% to 50% and so on?

If I'm LTP then I'll get what I desire which is 0% to 100%?

That's one specific example, you may have another one that shows better what you are wanting.

Cat
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think Cormac is reffering to the different way in which HTP FX were handled on H2 as opposed to H3.

With H3 if you record an intensity effect and assign the master to be HTP, the effect no longer runs, and when you bring up the fader all the affected fixtures go to the base value used to program the effect.

Whereas on H2 if you did the same thing the fader would allow you to fade up and fade out the chase as it was running.
    edited September 2007
    Ok,
    i see your point about the scenario you have listed and i think i can see where this may be of some use but i myself would usually program this on the same cuelist.
    Try this you are programming for another LD and they want 3 different moving light intensity f/x cues on the same fader.
    Cue 1/ Slow
    Cue 2/ Med-fast
    Cue 3/ Fast

I don't want to run virtual cuelists and actually want to be able to fade the f/x in and out manually on the fader which to the best of my limited knowledge without making the fader a GO+0% not an option? please correct me if this is possible.
    another option is to record 3 faders with a slow/med/fast intensity f/x on each.

Scenario 2
    I have some generics and some moving lights on the safe fader/handle for an awards thing on tv.
    Cue 1/static podium look fixture 1-10 and desk 1-3 at full so i can ride the fader for tv levels
    Cue 2/Fixture 1-10 intensity and movement f/x engine and desk 1-3 levels untouched.

As far as i can see this would be a fairly standard ask,

Not having the option to run either HTP or be able to change the f/x speed live is a bit of a drag really and is something i would like to see one of these addressed when there is a window of opportunity available.
    What about being able to record HTP f/x in scene's only as a compromise at least then 1 HTP scene could be used?

Not a rant just questions
    thanks C
    edited August 2010
    Thought I'd ask again....
    HTP anybody

Thanks C
  • Mick MurrayMick Murray Registered User
    edited August 2010
    I persume u already know about holding down the choose of a cue list to change fx rate for that list, how about making 3 macros to change the cuelist fx rate? would that work
    edited August 2010
    Thanks M,
    Yep i know that if you hold down the cuelist you can change the rate.
    I'd like the option of HTP also.

C
  • RobbieGRobbieG Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Bueller...?

Bueller...?

Bueller...?

Bueller...?

anyone?

anyone?
  • LeggyLeggy Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2010
    LOL

This is one of the most annoying things wrong with H3, it would be great to get it fixed.
    I'm actually thinking of moving over to Chamsys because of things like this.

Leggy.
    edited October 2010
    The captial of France anyone?
    Beings with P and ends with ARIS
    Anyone?

Help I'm alone, stuck in the HE forum on my
    own, please reply and let me know you
    can hear me....anyone?
    All I can see is my own posts with no
    replies..help me...
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Cormac,
    I believe the silence you are hearing on this subject possibly could be indicative of a problem in H3 software that is so deeply rooted that it may be impossible to implement without having to start over from scratch. Just my $.02USD, but it does seem odd that nobody from HES has been particularly open about this substantial issue.
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited October 2010
    There's not really a conspiracy of silence, it's more that all of the salient points have already been made by others in this thread. There are some work-arounds that can accomplish what you need in many cases, but they're not perfect.

Because of the effects issue being discussed here, and a number of other oddities in HTP, we plan to rework HTP playback in a future software version. The HTP rework has been assigned issue number #9756 in our tracking system, but I don't have any kind of time frame or schedule.

It's certainly not perfect the way it is today, but I wouldn't call it "impossible" or "deeply rooted".
    edited October 2010
    Hi Eric,
    thank you for the HE reply.
    Much appreciated,I suppose depending on
    how you operate and program your console
    it is nearly possible to workaround this but
    it would be great if this was addressed sooner
    rather than later as for other users it seems
    to be integral to how they operate and program
    to the point that they would consider swapping
    consoles.

Regards Cormac
  • technicktechnick Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Cormac

Hope all is well.

You probably know this but in the case you described earlier (3 years earlier)

changing the play button to skip and the fader to IPCB is your friend. Probably.

And I agree the HTP implementation sucks and glad to hear it is being rethunk...

Nick