Hog 3 PC not installing wings

I have a Dell Desk top and an HP laptop both running WinXP SP2. The desktop has Hog 3PC3.0.5, and the laptop has Hog3PC3.1.2.

I have been sucessfully running shows with my superwidget for a while now. I have just rented a playback wing and a programming wing for my next show but I am having the same problem with both computers.

Both wings have their own power supplies and when plugged in to the computers I get the ding dong from XP telling me that something is plugged in, but it doesn't run the installation software for the wings.

I have tried uninstalling Hog3PC, re-booting the laptop, re-installing the software and re-booting, but this doesn't work. None of the LEDs on the back of the wings light up

Has anyone come across this before? Is there any way of getting the installation files?

Thanks

Andy
  • The drivers are installed with HogIIIpc and do not need to be installed separately. If you've installed Hog2PC, make sure you installed 3PC after 2PC.

When you plug in the wing, does anything show up in the Windows Device Manager, either under USB devices or Flying Pig Systems Devices?
  • [QUOTE=ericthegeek;44269]The drivers are installed with HogIIIpc and do not need to be installed separately. If you've installed Hog2PC, make sure you installed 3PC after 2PC.

When you plug in the wing, does anything show up in the Windows Device Manager, either under USB devices or Flying Pig Systems Devices?

Hi Eric, they both appear as 'unknown device' in the USB section of device manager. Thanks, Andy
  • You can try deleting them in device manager, sometimes that will help.

If you're comfortable using regedit, you can unplug all your wings and widgets, go into

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\

Remove all the entrys that start with Vid_0CB0. Sometimes you'll have to adjust permissions on key to "FULL Control" by right clicking.

After you've done this and rebooted, it should prompt you to install the drivers again the next time a wing or widget is plugged in. Note that you may have to go through the "New Device" wizard 2 or 3 times per device. Stopping partway through can leave you in an inconstant situation.

As with all registry hacks, you're on your own. Edit the wrong thing and your machine will have problems...
  • [quote=ericthegeek;44278]You can try deleting them in device manager, sometimes that will help.

If you're comfortable using regedit, you can unplug all your wings and widgets, go into

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\

Remove all the entrys that start with Vid_0CB0. Sometimes you'll have to adjust permissions on key to "FULL Control" by right clicking.

After you've done this and rebooted, it should prompt you to install the drivers again the next time a wing or widget is plugged in. Note that you may have to go through the "New Device" wizard 2 or 3 times per device. Stopping partway through can leave you in an inconstant situation.

As with all registry hacks, you're on your own. Edit the wrong thing and your machine will have problems...

Thanks Eric, just deleting the Unknown Devices from the device manager did the trick, I didn't need to edit the registry

Phew and thanks again

Andy
Related