Connecting to Capture Visualiser

Has anyone successfully managed to connect to Capture with the Visualiser Connectivity Application?

I've just installed the connectivity app (v1.1.0.59) on the visualiser computer and enabled Hog3 connectivity in Capture. However, every time I now start Capture I get the following error message:

"The application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

After clicking "OK" on the error box, Capture starts normally but there is no sign at all of the Hog connectivity app running. If I disable Hog 3 connectivity in Capture, I no longer get the error message, but obviously it then wouldn't connect to the connectivity app even if it worked. Also, if I uninstall the connectivity app, the error message stops.

I have tried re-installing both Capture and the Hog Connect app , but that has made no difference. Any ideas???

Thanks,

Robert
  • Hi Robert,

I had a similar problem,it is because the Microsoft Foundation Classes 7.1 are not installed on the system,and they are not yet bundled with the connectivity driver.

What will help, is to google for "MFC71.DLL", you will find a lot of sites where You can download this DLL. It is a microsoft part of code, needed for programms to work. If You copy the file into the directory where You installed the hog Connectivity driver, It should work.

If not, you need to register the DLL. (You need to drag&drop the .dll file onto the regsvr32.exe in the system32 directory, it will register the dll. (Don't have a windows PC in front of me, so there may be some differences in the paths)

Let me know if it does not work, I will have a look later on in front of a PC

Cheers,
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your advice. Initially, I still got the error message, so I tried putting the DLL into the Capture directory instead of the Hog connectivity one, and it now works fine.

Many thanks again,

Robert
Related