TouchOSC Fader movements

Is anyone else playing with the built in OSC functions? I'm having issues getting fader movements from touchOSC to take effect into Hog4. The weirdest part is if I move one of the faders on the software front panel i see it update on my controller.
  • Faders and Encoders are disabled in HOG4PC
    Or do you have a real console?

See release Notes:

Open Sound Control
    Users can now receive and send playback messages using the modern Open Sound Control
    protocol over the HogNet network. Hog 4 supports receiving hardware messages such as
    button presses and fader control as well as also receiving midi notes over OSC. (faders and
    encoders not supported on Hog 4PC)
  • .......and problem solved, however that's really annoying. Do we know if this is just a temporary thing with the first release or is this their "buy a console" thinking?
  • Easy to understand:

Otherwise you could use all midi/osc-gear to build your own programming-wing with HOG4PC
    HOG4PC is for free, and with this method HES can ensure that the money they spend for developing the software is coming back...
    I think you can do lot of stuff with external non HES Hardware, so if you like to have a working console incl. support etc you should also pay something for it (like buying a faderwing)
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;63333]Easy to understand:

Otherwise you could use all midi/osc-gear to build your own programming-wing with HOG4PC
    HOG4PC is for free, and with this method HES can ensure that the money they spend for developing the software is coming back...
    I think you can do lot of stuff with external non HES Hardware, so if you like to have a working console incl. support etc you should also pay something for it (like buying a faderwing)

Highly agreed! The reason I ask is b/c i am a student without the means of affording a console, not because I want to rip off High End.
  • Hi Marc,
    Not sure i fully agree agree with you,if i wanted to output DMX from Hog PC in any way i would have had to purchase either a Widget/Superwidget/DP8000 or a combination of the above.
    It is irrelevant if you have an actual programming wing without some way of outputting DMX,you have in effect already made a purchase or investment in hardware?
    I could have 5 x DP8000 and any other combination or peripherals hardware and still not be able to control the encoders with OSC unless you purchase a programming wing.

If you have made any hardware purchase it would be very helpful if the encoders/faders then worked irrespective of HogPC being connected to a wing IMHO.

Loving the new version of Hog4 PC so very quick.
    Best C
  • [QUOTE=cormacjack;63352]Hi Marc,
    Not sure i fully agree agree with you,if i wanted to output DMX from Hog PC in any way i would have had to purchase either a Widget/Superwidget/DP8000 or a combination of the above.
    It is irrelevant if you have an actual programming wing without some way of outputting DMX,you have in effect already made a purchase or investment in hardware?
    I could have 5 x DP8000 and any other combination or peripherals hardware and still not be able to control the encoders with OSC unless you purchase a programming wing.

If you have made any hardware purchase it would be very helpful if the encoders/faders then worked irrespective of HogPC being connected to a wing IMHO.

Loving the new version of Hog4 PC so very quick.
    Best C

Totally agreed!!!!!
    If there is any purchased hardware attached to the system it should work!!!

I meant: Buying any type of hardware should enable it, I should have written: (like by a faderwing, etc, ....)
  • I do not see why enabling control over encoders and at least ONE playback fader over OSC can possibly impact their bottom line in any way. You are paying for hardware (single universe widget at minimum), adding just those few elements of external control would probably end up making them more money down the road from all the young upstarts outgrowing their HogPC rigs and buying their own Hog4 desk.
  • +1 Andris

I have to say, I don"t always understand the marketing strategy of HES...
  • I have hog4PC with a hog3 wing. I just want OSC to control output when I'm on stage or scaffolding. IMO, if you have a wing connected, OSC should be fully enabled. Hog PC with wings is essentially a console.

What High End really needs is a real iPad/Android app.
  • [QUOTE=SAGUdj;63527]I have hog4PC with a hog3 wing. I just want OSC to control output when I'm on stage or scaffolding. IMO, if you have a wing connected, OSC should be fully enabled. Hog PC with wings is essentially a console.

What High End really needs is a real iPad/Android app.

I agree with you, but I can also see highend's perspective on this. As far as an android or iphone app on a PC system, you could probably get away with any of the VNC apps. Also, you can use TouchOSC for apple systems.

I made a TouchOSC layout for my Ipad that looks like one of the hog3pc programing and playback wings and I use that to control just about anything. (minus the fader movements)