Hog 4 PC Nano Mode - One Less Window?

As somebody pointed out in another thread the use of Nano mode on the Hog 4 PC will change the number of encoder wheels to 4 (instead of the new 5 version). This allows it to work with the older programming wing and Nano without having to rebuild all the wheel sets.

The problem is that in Nano mode one of the main windows seems to be lost. For example, in normal (non-Nano) mode I have 2 windows and can enable 2 more via the control panel - just like Hog 3 PC. If I enable Nano mode - really only needed to change the number of encoder wheels - I only have the one Hog 4 PC window and the 2 "external" ones I can enable in the control panel. This means to get the wheel set count right I have to give up a window. This seems like a bug.

My current setup consists of a laptop and 2 Elo touch screens. I regularly have all for windows open across the 3 displays.

Kevin Montagne
  • This is definitely not a bug.
    This is done to make it a bit easier to manage things on one screen.
    Most H4PC users will only be using one screen on laptop, touchscreen PC, etc., also the RoadHog console is one large screen as well, so it runs this way.

If you want a second and/or third screen you can always enable it via the Hog-4 Control Panel.

I would like to see an option to re-arrange the front panel GUI to match the Roadhog, and Nano since the main playback bar position is in a physically different place as well.
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;63261]This is definitely not a bug.
    This is done to make it a bit easier to manage things on one screen.
    Most H4PC users will only be using one screen on laptop, touchscreen PC, etc., also the RoadHog console is one large screen as well, so it runs this way.

If you want a second and/or third screen you can always enable it via the Hog-4 Control Panel.

I would like to see an option to re-arrange the front panel GUI to match the Roadhog, and Nano since the main playback bar position is in a physically different place as well.

My first post may not have been very clear but I always have the 2 screens enabled in the Hog 4 Control Panel giving me a total of for windows across 3 displays. If I use Nano mode I get 3 Hog windows across my 3 displays. Perhaps not a bug but I would like to see it be 2 different settings - one to get the number of encoders to match the Nano and the old programming wings and a 2nd option to merge the 2 (primary and secondary, non external windows) into one as it does now in Nano mode.
  • Understood.
    I can see how that would be useful in that situation.
    Perhaps there should be a "Nano front panel" and a "Nano screens" option instead of the all encompassing option it is now.

As I said, I would like to see the Front Panel GUI changed even further to move the main playback bar all the way to the left as it is on the physical consoles in Nano mode. I wouldn't be opposed to the rate and intensity wheels being removed in this case either.

I'm going to start a new thread in the "Requests and "Enhancements section.
  • It is not really giving a up a window, cause before you had 2 small windows and now you have 1 large one...

Most users have (like you) a laptop and 1 or 2 external screens....
    You only use one window when you use 4 screens....
  • It's a problem for me too. I set up my two touchscreens in front of me like the consoles, so it would be nice to have a nano mode view where the encoder and playback bars are in the same place but match the Nano layout.
  • I only can see this "problem" when you dont use any wings...
    When you have a NanoHog or Playback-Wing and Hog3 Programmerwing, you scale the playback bar so that it fits to the faders and you are done...

Or am i blind and can't see the problem?

(Just sitting in front of my 19" Elo Touch with a Hog3 Programmer-Wing and HOG4 in Nano mode, and like the 1 screen layout)
  • it would be a shame to loose a rate wheel , its one of the things i miss from my old scancommander , there was a xfade , and a speed fader side by side , sort of a global across chosen stack , very powerfull palyback feature , mind you the xfade time fader for preset functions was a god send too ,,, while im on about wish list ,,, how about an even smaller nano , 2/3 the size , very under the arm with a toughbook size .
    please.