Showgun on the Hog 2

Hey all,

I'm playing with the Showgun on a Hog 2. I'm having some problems with the effects engine. When I try to place the LED colors into an effect, it instead another attribute into an effect. The first time I did it, it captured pan instead, the second it captured intensity. Any thoughts?

Brian S Davis

www.briansdavis.com
  • Can you give us the key strokes you are using to try to place an effect on the LED's? Then we might be able to help you better. Let us know.
  • I was standing right next to Brian when this was happening.

- Regular H2 Console running final release software.
    - No external monitors, keyboard, or mouse/trackball attached.
    - SHOWGUN profile from the H2 download page.

Grab "LED-FX" and pick "Sine" in the FX Engine. All of a sudden the parameter is now "Intensity" or "Pan", yet the correct parameter is changing in the output?!?!

The H2 profile from the download site seems a bit klunky overall for SHOWGUN. I am working on some mods to the profile with H2PC & WYG today and will post my opinion on what should get changed here.

The few things we've found so far:
    - LED R,G,B parameters come up under BEAM instead of COLOUR. To fix this a simple "kind = c" line of code needs to be added to each of these parameters
    - LED Intensity should come up with Intensity. Add "kind = +" to this parameter and change from "type = ltp8bit" to "type = htp 8 bit" (see my earlier post in the H3 Libraries forum regarding this:

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=4726

The H2 profile also seems to default to "Tracking Independent" mode for the LEDs, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change it to "Dimming Track" mode.

So this all brings me to an awkward question...

Why is there not a detailed DMX chart for SHOWGUN available from HES?:dunno:
    - There are DMX parameter layouts in the Data Sheet and in the Manual, but no details on what value does what for any given parameter. How is anyone supposed to be able to build a proper profile without this information being published?:eek: :rolleyes:
  • [quote=jksorg]Can you give us the key strokes you are using to try to place an effect on the LED's? Then we might be able to help you better. Let us know.
    Selecting my fixtures using one of the groups buttons, I go into the effects engine, by pressing effect. Scrolling down to LED Red I select, arrow down to sine, and press enter. This then places the sine effect in the pan parameter.

Likewise when I perform the same actions with LED Blue, it places the sine effect in the intensity parameter. I've never seen this happen for any other fixture, and it came as a bit of a surprise to expect the red LED's to be effecting and then have the pan jump in instead.

I didn't see Marty's post before I wrote this, he explains it a bit better than I do, Me talk pretty one day soon....

Thanks for your time.

Brian
  • Thanks for the e-mail Brad. Makes sense to me now... I will keep you posted on my testing.

:hogsign: :headbang:
Related