Intensity control for virtual cues, scenes etc acting up

I absolutely love being able to press and hold on a cuelist or scene button AND on lists assigned to playback bars without actual faders and control the intensity of same. Fantastic !

Problem is it doesn't always work.

Maybe there is a trick??
  • Ed, I think no one replied because we are unsure which feature you are talking about precisely. Are you talking about the ability to press and hold a scene or cuelist directory item and change playback options on the bottom right hand toolbar? You mentioned intensity and to my knowledge there is no way to manually adjust the intensity value of cuelist or scene directory playbacks without assigning them to physical masters.
  • [QUOTE=c_muenchow;58233] You mentioned intensity and to my knowledge there is no way to manually adjust the intensity value of cuelist or scene directory playbacks without assigning them to physical masters.

Chris, but it would be a great feature!!!
    Will follow this thread to see what Ed found out... ;-)
  • Yes, I'm talking about press and hold on a scene or cuelist in the scene or cuelist directory....Button press responds similarly to CHOOSE even if the cue or scene does not have an actual fader.
    I'm saying make the intensity control available on wheel 4 whether you are pressing a button on a directory, playback bar or using CHOOSE.

Cuelist Rate / Cuelist Effect Rate/ empty wheel 3/ INTENSITY

Right now cuelist or scene INTENSITY can be controlled by pressing and holding on the list or scene in the directory, using wheel 4....usually anyway, but sometimes INTENSITY doesn't show up in the bar for wheel 4. The same can be done by holding choose or pressing on the playback bar too...sometimes. But it doesn't always work !

When the list or scene is released the adjusted intensity level stays at the adjusted level, essentially remembering the fader level. This is good.

My hope is that being able to control ANY list or scene intensity simply by pressing on the cuelist or scene whether it is assigned to physical master or not, and adjusting with wheel 4.

It's always been a pain to adjust levels on cuelists that are not assigned to a physical fader. At last, well almost, there is a way !

Please, please, pretty please make this work :)
  • [QUOTE=c_muenchow;58233]Ed, I think no one replied because we are unsure which feature you are talking about precisely. Are you talking about the ability to press and hold a scene or cuelist directory item and change playback options on the bottom right hand toolbar? You mentioned intensity and to my knowledge there is no way to manually adjust the intensity value of cuelist or scene directory playbacks without assigning them to physical masters.

Hey Chris,

just tried it...
    And yes it works...

Pressing and holding a cuelist or scene button on the touchsrceen opens the cuelist-options on the right-screen as expected on wheel 4 you will have the intensity of this scene or list.

Never recognized this before...
    Cool feature!!!!

Will take a photo later
  • Hello all

In the 3.2.3 b3367 release we fixed a problem when holding down a virtual cuelist or scene we would not correctly redraw the options above the encoders.
    Ed please upgrade and let us know if this fixes the problem you are seeing.
  • Thanks. Works great with cuelist not assigned to faders.

I'd still like to see this function work when a list IS assigned to a fader too.

If I have lists/scenes assigned to playbacks but, for whatever reason, don't have the wing attached I would still like to be able to control the intensity with the encoder wheel.

Even better... to have the encoder function similarly to the way fader control is set up in the cuelist options.

If the wing is gone or craps out the only way I know of to control the intensity of what is assigned to the wing is to move it to another fader....or delete it and hold on the list pallete...both very awkward.

Think of it as using the encoder as a fader for the chosen master when choose or the list is touched and held.

Thanks again.
    Ed
Related