Trackspot shutter is slamming / other homing problems.

This is not a thread with a question but rather some tips for solving some problems with the trackspot.
When you are having homing problems with wheels or mirror (followed by the special sound) or during the show suddenly one of the trackspot's is not displaying the correct color, gobo... then you have probably a steppermotor that is not working well. You can be sure by handling the wheel or mirror with your hand. When you feel resistance it is not OK.
You don't have to replace the motor, just open it carefully and clean it on the inside. Because it is magnetic, this is not very easy, you need a lot of airpressure for blowing the (iron)dusk away from the rotor and the stator (I hope I use the correct terms).
I have solved this problem with many Trackspot's by doing this.

About the shutter who's is banging against the case. On the internet you read about this problem and the solution seems to be replacing the mainboard. But I have searched for many hours now for this problem and it seems that the problem is easyier to solve then some people like to think.

In the power supply area there is the capacitor C41 an elektrolyt of 2200 uF 50V. It had a bad connection with the ground resulting in a unstable 24MOT. After repairing the print and the connection with the ground (also with some new glue on the capacitor) the trackspot is working like new !

I hope this will help some people solving there trackspot problems.

(I'm sorry if my English is not that good)

Staf
Related