High End Systems Discussion Forums  

Go Back   High End Systems Discussion Forums > Wholehog 3 Lighting Control > Wholehog 3 Tips and Tricks

Old February 18th, 2012   #1
James Dike
James Dike

Default Virtual Master Control

Has anyone successfully linked a virtual master to the main playback controls?

I thought I remembered doing this a number of software versions ago, but could not get it to work today.

Am I having a brain fart, or has some new information pushed the commands out of my brain?

James Dike
Sony Center Toronto
James Dike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012   #2
eqrunner
John Frank

How I use virtual faders is via Macro commands in a cue list.

Say you have Cue list 1 on Fader 1, and want to run a Virtual cuelist Cue List 2.

In the Macro command line in the Cue List 1, Cue 1. Put GL2/1.
This will Start [G]o [L]ist [2]/Cue [1]
To release use RL2
eqrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012   #3
James Dike
James Dike

I like that idea.
I was thinking more along the line of having a cuelist attached to the main controls without it having to be it one of the physical faders. Like in the old days of single cuelists, having the main controls run the cuelist and then load all the faders with scenes.

James
Old April 4th, 2012   #4
barnes2000
Scott
Emeritus Member

James,
You can add additional Playback bars to your console, even without a wing. Go to Setup, Controls, Wings and select the far right button for Playback Bar 2. This adds a second Playback bar just above the Master Playback bar. By doing this, you can load a cuelist onto it, as if there was a wing, and then you can Choose the list to allow Master Playback controls to work for it.
Old April 7th, 2012   #5
James Dike
James Dike

Thanks, I am running with a wing and it never dawned on me to add a third playback bar.
One of the reasons I love these forums, someone else has either tried it or thought of the same thing to try. An answer always appears.

James
Old April 9th, 2012   #6
kinglevel
Edvard Hansson

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes2000 View Post
James,
You can add additional Playback bars to your console, even without a wing. Go to Setup, Controls, Wings and select the far right button for Playback Bar 2. This adds a second Playback bar just above the Master Playback bar. By doing this, you can load a cuelist onto it, as if there was a wing, and then you can Choose the list to allow Master Playback controls to work for it.
ooo! a feature ive never heard of. Would be great to choose a cuelist in the list view too...
kinglevel is offline   Reply With Quote