Virtual Master Control

James DikeJames Dike Registered User
Has anyone successfully linked a virtual master to the main playback controls?

I thought I remembered doing this a number of software versions ago, but could not get it to work today.

Am I having a brain fart, or has some new information pushed the commands out of my brain?

James Dike
Sony Center Toronto

Comments

• eqrunnereqrunner Registered User
    edited March 2012
    How I use virtual faders is via Macro commands in a cue list.

Say you have Cue list 1 on Fader 1, and want to run a Virtual cuelist Cue List 2.

In the Macro command line in the Cue List 1, Cue 1. Put GL2/1.
    This will Start [G]o [L]ist [2]/Cue [1]
    To release use RL2
  • James DikeJames Dike Registered User
    edited March 2012
    I like that idea.
    I was thinking more along the line of having a cuelist attached to the main controls without it having to be it one of the physical faders. Like in the old days of single cuelists, having the main controls run the cuelist and then load all the faders with scenes.

James
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2012
    James,
    You can add additional Playback bars to your console, even without a wing. Go to Setup, Controls, Wings and select the far right button for Playback Bar 2. This adds a second Playback bar just above the Master Playback bar. By doing this, you can load a cuelist onto it, as if there was a wing, and then you can Choose the list to allow Master Playback controls to work for it.
  • James DikeJames Dike Registered User
    edited April 2012
    Thanks, I am running with a wing and it never dawned on me to add a third playback bar.
    One of the reasons I love these forums, someone else has either tried it or thought of the same thing to try. An answer always appears.

James
  • kinglevelkinglevel Registered User
    edited April 2012
    barnes2000;60086 said:
    James,
    You can add additional Playback bars to your console, even without a wing. Go to Setup, Controls, Wings and select the far right button for Playback Bar 2. This adds a second Playback bar just above the Master Playback bar. By doing this, you can load a cuelist onto it, as if there was a wing, and then you can Choose the list to allow Master Playback controls to work for it.
    ooo! a feature ive never heard of. Would be great to choose a cuelist in the list view too...